Wanna get away?
Well, now you have help figuring out where to go.
GayCities readers like you shattered previous records by voting more than 130,000 times for hundreds of the world’s best destinations in fifteen eclectic categories, ranging from “Dive Bar to Die For” to Best “Fun in the Sun” Getaway.
So whether you just want a night out or a trip across the globe, your fellow readers are here to help you get the most out of travel and nightlife in the annual Best of GayCities voting program.
Here’s the complete list of gold metal category winners:
- Best City: San Francisco
- Innovator Award: Jeff Guaracino, President, Visit Philadelphia
- Destination of The Year: New York City
- Monument to Our History: Gay Liberation Monument (New York City)
- Dive Bar to Die For: The Eagle (New York City)
- Ski Weeks That Heat You Up: Aspen Gay Ski Week (Colorado)
- Group Tour: Out Adventures
- Beauty Rest Boutique: Kimpton Hotels
- Fun in the Sun: Black’s Beach (San Diego)
- Chill Getaway: Palm Springs (California)
- Drag Bar Extraordinaire: Aqua (Key West)
- Fabulous Cabaret Artist: Steve Grand
- Beloved Local Drag Queen: Jackie Beat (Los Angeles)
- Romantic City: Paris
- Timeless ‘Hood: Boystown (Chicago)
- Hidden Gem: Savannah (Georgia)
- Best Weekend: Southern Decadence (New Orleans)
Silver & bronze winners can be found at https://www.gaycities.com/best-of-2019/