Today we unveiled the biggest upgrade to GayCities that we’ve ever done. We’ve completely redesigned the site based on your feedback and added more ways for you to connect with others to find out where to go out, where to eat and where to stay in over 65 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Your reviews are such an essential part of GayCities, but today we’ve added easy and fun ways to learn more about any place you are heading, including photos and our new “fans” feature. Read on for some of the highlights and see some of the press coverage we’ve gotten.
What’s in the new site?
- A fresh new design – we thought it was time to spruce up the place a bit and make it easier to see info about the people leaving reviews, comments and posts.
- Get your question answered in our new travel forums – now you can chat directly with other people about the cities you travel to. See the forums
- Become a fan of your favorites – with just one click you can become a fan of a city, bar, hotel, restaurant or even another member. Say you like a place without having to write a review and see the faces of the people that go there. See some fans here
- New photos. See what a bar/club/hotel is like – Not only can you upload your own photos of a place, we now pull in photos from photo sharing site flickr. See an example here
- Even More Cities – we’re up to 66 cities and we recently expanded into Mexico and Puerto Rico. See all our cities
- And lot’s more – don’t forget our iPhone version, facebook application, events guide with who’s going and all the ways to meet new people, send messages and invite friends to the fun.
I hope you like the improvements!
We’re also happy that the mainstream media is interested too! Check out these articles in: