One of the best way to show your pride this July 4th is to celebrate independence in Philadelphia.
Ride Amtrak to celebrate the founding of liberty to be who you are in fabulous Philly.
Celebrate the environment, too. Train travel cuts your carbon footprint.
Here are five reasons we love Independence Day in Philadelphia.
1. Arrive via the comfort of train travel
Pack your best all-American garb and feel free to bring ensembles for friends, too. With two carry-on items and two personal items, overpacking is virtually impossible. Without any middle seats, you can relax in comfort during your journey. Free Wi-Fi lets you check your favorite apps and all the goings on in Philly. Or listen to your favorite 4th of July playlist. Party in the USA, anyone?
2. Party with the stars
One of Philly’s biggest events of the year, Wawa Welcome America in Benjamin Franklin Parkway, is a multi-day July 4th celebration (June 28th through July 4th). Miami rapper Pitbull headlines. Spectacular fireworks show above the Philadelphia Museum of Art follows.
3. Finding the fun
After the last call, head to Voyeurs, Philly’s premier destination for after-hours dancing. Arrive a few days before July 4th and catch a baseball during Phillies Pride Night at Citizens Bank Park. Also happening: Philly’s contemporary ballet company, BalletX, begins their Summer ’18 Series.
4. Hotels and Pools
- Alexander Inn — A boutique-chic hotel that feels just like home with comfy posh bedding for your beauty rest
- Thomas Bond House — Nothing is more July 4th appropriate than disco naps in style at this historic B&B
- The Independent – Near Philly’s gayborhood, this classic hotel won’t break the bank and is walkable to the fun
5. History and Freedom
- Liberty Bell — Checking out this monumental piece of history is free and the informative placards are intriguing
- The Betsy Ross House – See the home where stars and stripes were sewn into the first American flag
- Barnes Collection – Aside from the stunning Picassos, this museum’s garden restaurant is a hidden brunch gem
Fireworks are awaiting!
Photos courtesy of Amtrak