Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the world
See where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.


clevelandWest

40 M

Member Since: August 14, 2012

plus minus toggle
clevelandWest Loves These Places
  • Once a showpiece....now a thriving dive...
    When Bounce first opened it was a clean, modern, stunning showpiece and a trendy nightspot with a diverse crowd and impeccable cleanliness. This place has simply been run into the ground in every way since then. It's simply a large dive bar anymore. Friday and Saturday nights are busy as the club is teeming with twinks and their female companions. The crowd is about 50/50 black and white with some latinos and asians mixed in. It's also about 50/50 gay/lesbian. It's not unusual to see a few patrons wandering around who appear to be homeless, mentally ill, high on crack, or a combination of all three. If you're looking to slum it and don't mind some laughable disappointments, this is the place to be. Don't go to this place with any high expectations. The decor was changed slightly a few years ago but it didn't negate the fact the the furniture is still broken down, the bathroom smells like there's a dead cat in there, and every inch of the floor is covered in some sticky mix of dirt, mixed drinks, and filth. The food is pretty good but the building's general appearance and apparent lack of cleaning and upkeep didn't do much for my appetite. I have noticed bullet holes in some of the windows if that tells you anything about the neighborhood. I'd suggest packing a gun if you go alone or even in a small group. Don't be shocked if your car get broken into or stolen altogether. This is more reflective of the neighborhood, not the club itself. The music is typically blaring loud in every part of the building, so don't plan on having any normal dialog inside. Don't leave anything sitting around unattended or it will be promptly stolen. Fights and disturbances both inside and outside the club are commonplace. Bounce is a big nest of drag queens, and their shows carry on for what seems like an eternity. If you like drag shows this is the place to go. The music is okay and is in sync with music videos playing inside the main bar. Overall, Bounce is a good time as long as you want to party hard, loud, and dirty and you don't come with any favorable expectations.

    August 14, 2012

  • Always a good time on Mondays
    The Interbelt is always a good time on monday nights. Dance your ass off inside the club, which is spacious, or chill out and have normal conversation outside on the huge tiki bar and back yard area. The staff is friendly, professional, and inviting. Security is professional, attentive, heavily-armed, and responds to any problems in the bar swiftly. The parking lot and nearby streets are mostly dark and seedy. Go with a large group or pack a gun or both. No guns permitted in the bar tho and they do search everyone upon entry. Crowd is mostly twinky college boys and their female companions, however a blend of other types are sprinkled in, making the crowd a little more diverse. Overall I have found the college-aged guys friendly and affectionate as long as you take the right approach and don't act like a douchebag. Monday is "hip-hop night" but don't let the title discourage you from going. The monday night crowd is about 80 percent white college aged people and the other 20 percent black/latino/asian are there to have a good time, not cause trouble. Everyone mixes in harmony quite nicely. The music inside is LOUD, as it should be, but the outside patio is a nice place to get away from the noise and have a conversation with a friend without screaming into their eardrum. Parking can be challenging if you don't arrive early. A shuttle van provided by the club will shuttle you back and forth to a well-lit parking lot down the street. Overpriced covers (up to $20) are not unheard of for "special event" nights. I've found that the special events don't justify a $20 cover to see a drag queen that was once mentioned on some cable tv show. I must say the Cazwell appearance was well worth the cover and it was a blast. Overall the interbelt is one of the best nighclubs left in Northern Ohio.

    August 14, 2012

  • more (4)