- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
- PHOTOS: Minimal Effort, Maximum Exposure Costumes
- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- 10 Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 UK Gay DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC New York Miami Fire Island Chicago gay travel Pride GayCities Las Vegas London Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles San Francisco pride haus party haus Marriage Equality Theater travel Photos New York City
Robin Williams Bear Fashion Motherload Unearthed in SF
Feb 09, 2011 by Matt Slusarenko
In what’s sure to be breaking news in San Francisco on the eve of IBR weekend, a bear sized fashion mother-load was uncovered today by yours truly at Mission second hand staple Thirft Town. It seems that an entire lot of wardrobe belonging to famed-furball Robin Williams, the Academy Award winning actor, came up for sale through unknown means. Williams apparently shares sizing with many of the hirsute soon-to-be-upon us in SF (and luckily, including yours truly!).
Williams’ clothing collection included major and amazing finds from designers like Issey Miyake, Junya Watanabe, Giorgio Armani and Commes des Garcon. Better still, the clothes were all priced to move at the bargain basement of Thrift Town, and seemed to include the tuxedo Williams wore to accept his “Good WillHunting” Oscar–and several Giorgio Armani tuxedos to boot.
So if you are a savvy, full-sized fella like myself, I would head down to Thrift Town for whats sure to be a major wardrobe booster. If you hurry, you might beat the Sui Generis team, who will surely be taking a peak of potential items to feature at their major store reopening.
Find more great shopping in San Francisco on GayCities