- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
- 5 Ways You Made GayCities The Most Popular LGBTQ Travel Site
- The Sexiest WeHo Lounge May Actually Be Restoration Hardware
- A ‘Showgirls’ Obsession, The Luxor, And A Great Gay Pool Party
- This Year’s Gay Days Weekend At Disney Will Be The Most Thrilling Yet
- PHOTOS: See Why Fubar’s “BFD” Party Thrives After 13 Consecutive Years
- Your Guide To The Debauchery Otherwise Know As Folsom Street Fair, 2015
- PHOTOS: Cute Club Goers Get Freaky In Frankfurt
- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Fire Island Theater travel San Francisco Marriage Equality party haus New York GayCities Pride Chicago pride haus Los Angeles Miami benefit haus Photos London New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC
Robin Williams Bear Fashion Motherload Unearthed in SF
Feb 09, 2011
In what’s sure to be breaking news in San Francisco on the eve of IBR weekend, a bear sized fashion mother-load was uncovered today by yours truly at Mission second hand staple Thirft Town. It seems that an entire lot of wardrobe belonging to famed-furball Robin Williams, the Academy Award winning actor, came up for sale through unknown means. Williams apparently shares sizing with many of the hirsute soon-to-be-upon us in SF (and luckily, including yours truly!).
Williams’ clothing collection included major and amazing finds from designers like Issey Miyake, Junya Watanabe, Giorgio Armani and Commes des Garcon. Better still, the clothes were all priced to move at the bargain basement of Thrift Town, and seemed to include the tuxedo Williams wore to accept his “Good WillHunting” Oscar–and several Giorgio Armani tuxedos to boot.
So if you are a savvy, full-sized fella like myself, I would head down to Thrift Town for whats sure to be a major wardrobe booster. If you hurry, you might beat the Sui Generis team, who will surely be taking a peak of potential items to feature at their major store reopening.
Find more great shopping in San Francisco on GayCities