- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC San Francisco Marriage Equality party haus New York Miami GayCities London travel Los Angeles Las Vegas Photos benefit haus Chicago Theater Fire Island pride haus Pride New York City Jeffrey James Keyes
Robin Williams Bear Fashion Motherload Unearthed in SF
Feb 09, 2011 by Matt Slusarenko
In what’s sure to be breaking news in San Francisco on the eve of IBR weekend, a bear sized fashion mother-load was uncovered today by yours truly at Mission second hand staple Thirft Town. It seems that an entire lot of wardrobe belonging to famed-furball Robin Williams, the Academy Award winning actor, came up for sale through unknown means. Williams apparently shares sizing with many of the hirsute soon-to-be-upon us in SF (and luckily, including yours truly!).
Williams’ clothing collection included major and amazing finds from designers like Issey Miyake, Junya Watanabe, Giorgio Armani and Commes des Garcon. Better still, the clothes were all priced to move at the bargain basement of Thrift Town, and seemed to include the tuxedo Williams wore to accept his “Good WillHunting” Oscar–and several Giorgio Armani tuxedos to boot.
So if you are a savvy, full-sized fella like myself, I would head down to Thrift Town for whats sure to be a major wardrobe booster. If you hurry, you might beat the Sui Generis team, who will surely be taking a peak of potential items to feature at their major store reopening.
Find more great shopping in San Francisco on GayCities