- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Los Angeles Marriage Equality Miami travel Photos Las Vegas New York New York City Pride San Francisco London GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Washington DC party haus pride haus Theater benefit haus
GayCities, 2010: The Year in Review
Dec 29, 2010
This could be the year we might have truly outdone ourselves. Gays were everywhere in 2010–from the biggest little city in the world to the biggest big cities we call home. How could we be missed? We wore white, we wore drag, we wore leather and (judging by these sets of photos) we were also pretty naked a lot of the time.
How could we top that? Well, now we can add military uniforms to our ever-evolving wardrobe. Yes, at the end of the day, boy oh boy, does it feel good to be gay. And it just keeps getting better.
Much to our joy, the GayCities year started with a kiss. A kiss photo challenge that is, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Matt and Bobby took home the big prize: two-night stay and romantic dinner for two at any Kimpton Hotel and Restaurant. Their photo not only captures young love at its finest, but it also features a touching backstory:
Bobby had to go back to America for Christmas break so I arranged to go too and surprise him. His parents confronted him about being in a relationship with me. Bobby told his parents that he had no intention of leaving me, so we left that night and drove to New York. Bobby had once said that when he had visited France he saw an elderly couple walking through a archway of curved branches and told me he wants the same for us in 50 years time. I noticed the trees right here in Central Park, so I told him to walk up the path with me.
* * *
We have to admit, here at GayCities we got a little mushy after reading that and decided to keep spreading the love for the rest of the year. We sent a party boy to WeHo, a foodie to Sonoma County and a tanned hottie on a cruise. GayCities also gave away tickets to Kathy Griffin and to the GayVN Awards. And, of course, we are right now getting ready to send one lucky GayCities member to Berlin in Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays.