- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Pride Theater New York travel Los Angeles gay travel Chicago Washington DC GayCities party haus San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Las Vegas pride haus London New York City Marriage Equality Photos
GayCities, 2010: The Year in Review
Dec 29, 2010
This could be the year we might have truly outdone ourselves. Gays were everywhere in 2010–from the biggest little city in the world to the biggest big cities we call home. How could we be missed? We wore white, we wore drag, we wore leather and (judging by these sets of photos) we were also pretty naked a lot of the time.
How could we top that? Well, now we can add military uniforms to our ever-evolving wardrobe. Yes, at the end of the day, boy oh boy, does it feel good to be gay. And it just keeps getting better.
Much to our joy, the GayCities year started with a kiss. A kiss photo challenge that is, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Matt and Bobby took home the big prize: two-night stay and romantic dinner for two at any Kimpton Hotel and Restaurant. Their photo not only captures young love at its finest, but it also features a touching backstory:
Bobby had to go back to America for Christmas break so I arranged to go too and surprise him. His parents confronted him about being in a relationship with me. Bobby told his parents that he had no intention of leaving me, so we left that night and drove to New York. Bobby had once said that when he had visited France he saw an elderly couple walking through a archway of curved branches and told me he wants the same for us in 50 years time. I noticed the trees right here in Central Park, so I told him to walk up the path with me.
* * *
We have to admit, here at GayCities we got a little mushy after reading that and decided to keep spreading the love for the rest of the year. We sent a party boy to WeHo, a foodie to Sonoma County and a tanned hottie on a cruise. GayCities also gave away tickets to Kathy Griffin and to the GayVN Awards. And, of course, we are right now getting ready to send one lucky GayCities member to Berlin in Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays.