- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Theater Fire Island pride haus travel San Francisco GayCities New York Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Chicago London Photos Pride New York City gay travel party haus Marriage Equality Las Vegas
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: New York City’s Our Lady J
Dec 24, 2010
GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes is surveying America’s top drag queens for holiday gift suggestions. He encountered Our Lady J, an amazing singer who happens to be trans, at a workshop for her show, The Gospel of Dolly: An evening celebrating the Queen of Country, which opens December 28th at Joe’s Pub.
Our Lady J’s Holiday Shopping Bag:
1. A Pink Prada purse, just like the one from my song with the same title!
2. A gun to fit into that purse–just in case you run into an ex.
3. Makeup, makeup, makeup. No matter if you are drags, trans, a cisgirl or a boi who cares about his face, you can never have enough makeup.
4. A new computer: Gender is over, kids. It’s all about androidism.
5. A bike: Join the future and go green.
For more holiday gift ideas, check out our New York shopping guide
Photo Credit: themegoman