- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Fire Island Marriage Equality London Pride Photos travel Theater Las Vegas gay travel pride haus Miami Los Angeles GayCities San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Chicago New York party haus
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: New York City’s Our Lady J
Dec 24, 2010
GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes is surveying America’s top drag queens for holiday gift suggestions. He encountered Our Lady J, an amazing singer who happens to be trans, at a workshop for her show, The Gospel of Dolly: An evening celebrating the Queen of Country, which opens December 28th at Joe’s Pub.
Our Lady J’s Holiday Shopping Bag:
1. A Pink Prada purse, just like the one from my song with the same title!
2. A gun to fit into that purse–just in case you run into an ex.
3. Makeup, makeup, makeup. No matter if you are drags, trans, a cisgirl or a boi who cares about his face, you can never have enough makeup.
4. A new computer: Gender is over, kids. It’s all about androidism.
5. A bike: Join the future and go green.
For more holiday gift ideas, check out our New York shopping guide
Photo Credit: themegoman