- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Los Angeles Marriage Equality party haus Jeffrey James Keyes London GayCities travel gay travel Pride pride haus Photos New York San Francisco Washington DC Las Vegas Theater Miami New York City Fire Island
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: New York City’s Our Lady J
Dec 24, 2010 by GayCities
GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes is surveying America’s top drag queens for holiday gift suggestions. He encountered Our Lady J, an amazing singer who happens to be trans, at a workshop for her show, The Gospel of Dolly: An evening celebrating the Queen of Country, which opens December 28th at Joe’s Pub.
Our Lady J’s Holiday Shopping Bag:
1. A Pink Prada purse, just like the one from my song with the same title!
2. A gun to fit into that purse–just in case you run into an ex.
3. Makeup, makeup, makeup. No matter if you are drags, trans, a cisgirl or a boi who cares about his face, you can never have enough makeup.
4. A new computer: Gender is over, kids. It’s all about androidism.
5. A bike: Join the future and go green.
For more holiday gift ideas, check out our New York shopping guide
Photo Credit: themegoman