- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City London gay travel Las Vegas Marriage Equality party haus Photos Miami Chicago New York Fire Island Theater travel Pride Los Angeles San Francisco Washington DC GayCities pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: New York City’s Our Lady J
Dec 24, 2010 by GayCities
GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes is surveying America’s top drag queens for holiday gift suggestions. He encountered Our Lady J, an amazing singer who happens to be trans, at a workshop for her show, The Gospel of Dolly: An evening celebrating the Queen of Country, which opens December 28th at Joe’s Pub.
Our Lady J’s Holiday Shopping Bag:
1. A Pink Prada purse, just like the one from my song with the same title!
2. A gun to fit into that purse–just in case you run into an ex.
3. Makeup, makeup, makeup. No matter if you are drags, trans, a cisgirl or a boi who cares about his face, you can never have enough makeup.
4. A new computer: Gender is over, kids. It’s all about androidism.
5. A bike: Join the future and go green.
For more holiday gift ideas, check out our New York shopping guide
Photo Credit: themegoman