- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Theater Miami London party haus pride haus New York City Marriage Equality benefit haus Chicago travel Fire Island San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes Photos GayCities Las Vegas New York Washington DC Pride
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: New York City’s Our Lady J
Dec 24, 2010
GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes is surveying America’s top drag queens for holiday gift suggestions. He encountered Our Lady J, an amazing singer who happens to be trans, at a workshop for her show, The Gospel of Dolly: An evening celebrating the Queen of Country, which opens December 28th at Joe’s Pub.
Our Lady J’s Holiday Shopping Bag:
1. A Pink Prada purse, just like the one from my song with the same title!
2. A gun to fit into that purse–just in case you run into an ex.
3. Makeup, makeup, makeup. No matter if you are drags, trans, a cisgirl or a boi who cares about his face, you can never have enough makeup.
4. A new computer: Gender is over, kids. It’s all about androidism.
5. A bike: Join the future and go green.
For more holiday gift ideas, check out our New York shopping guide
Photo Credit: themegoman