- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
- Treat Yourself To A Luxurious And Romantic Hilltop Retreat
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York San Francisco Chicago Pride London GayCities Marriage Equality Fire Island Miami party haus travel Theater Jeffrey James Keyes New York City benefit haus Photos Los Angeles Las Vegas pride haus Washington DC
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bathhouses?
Dec 13, 2010
You may think that one of the greatest contributions gays ever made to civilization was the concept of the bathhouse, but public bathing is actually nothing new. The Greeks disrobed without much fear of Hades. The Japanese saddled into their sentōs. And the Romans were glad to bump butts with gladiators. Where do you think the infamous quote, “Et tu, Brute?”, really came from?
So for the Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays we listed five of your favorite bathhouses (based on your reviews and number of fans). Now you get to tell the world which “bathhouse to spend all night” inspires your most hardened thoughts. Drop that towel and vote!