- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Washington DC GayCities San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes New York Photos pride haus benefit haus party haus Los Angeles Pride Theater Miami Marriage Equality Chicago Las Vegas Fire Island London New York City
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bathhouses?
Dec 13, 2010
You may think that one of the greatest contributions gays ever made to civilization was the concept of the bathhouse, but public bathing is actually nothing new. The Greeks disrobed without much fear of Hades. The Japanese saddled into their sentōs. And the Romans were glad to bump butts with gladiators. Where do you think the infamous quote, “Et tu, Brute?”, really came from?
So for the Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays we listed five of your favorite bathhouses (based on your reviews and number of fans). Now you get to tell the world which “bathhouse to spend all night” inspires your most hardened thoughts. Drop that towel and vote!