- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon San Francisco Pride pride haus Fire Island Theater Photos Marriage Equality Washington DC travel Las Vegas party haus gay travel Los Angeles New York Jeffrey James Keyes Miami New York City GayCities Chicago
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bathhouses?
Dec 13, 2010
You may think that one of the greatest contributions gays ever made to civilization was the concept of the bathhouse, but public bathing is actually nothing new. The Greeks disrobed without much fear of Hades. The Japanese saddled into their sentōs. And the Romans were glad to bump butts with gladiators. Where do you think the infamous quote, “Et tu, Brute?”, really came from?
So for the Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays we listed five of your favorite bathhouses (based on your reviews and number of fans). Now you get to tell the world which “bathhouse to spend all night” inspires your most hardened thoughts. Drop that towel and vote!