- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
- 5 Hotties Recommend The Best Places To Eat, Drink And Hang Out In Los Angeles
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago GayCities Las Vegas London benefit haus Fire Island San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Miami New York City Theater travel Marriage Equality Washington DC Pride pride haus Photos New York Los Angeles
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bathhouses?
Dec 13, 2010 by Oscar Raymundo
You may think that one of the greatest contributions gays ever made to civilization was the concept of the bathhouse, but public bathing is actually nothing new. The Greeks disrobed without much fear of Hades. The Japanese saddled into their sentōs. And the Romans were glad to bump butts with gladiators. Where do you think the infamous quote, “Et tu, Brute?”, really came from?
So for the Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays we listed five of your favorite bathhouses (based on your reviews and number of fans). Now you get to tell the world which “bathhouse to spend all night” inspires your most hardened thoughts. Drop that towel and vote!