- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago benefit haus Miami New York Photos Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Las Vegas Washington DC party haus pride haus Theater travel London GayCities Pride San Francisco Los Angeles Marriage Equality Fire Island
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Meet a Book Lover
Dec 02, 2010
Way before Grindr, one of the best ways to bump into a boy was by not-so discreetly browsing the erotica section of your local LGBT bookstore. Despite falling on hard economic times, these bookstores continue to be the meet-and-greet centers of gayborhoods worldwide. And if you fail to find a fling or at least a fellow bibliophile, you can always resort to falling in love with those timeless hotties: Wilde, Isherwood and Vidal.
Check out the bookstores we’ve selected as best places to Meet a Book Lover in the Best of GayCities, 2010; The World According to Gays. Judge that boy under the covers, and don’t forget to vote!