- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Theater New York City party haus London Photos Fire Island Las Vegas Washington DC travel San Francisco Miami benefit haus GayCities pride haus New York Chicago Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Pride
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Meet a Book Lover
Dec 02, 2010
Way before Grindr, one of the best ways to bump into a boy was by not-so discreetly browsing the erotica section of your local LGBT bookstore. Despite falling on hard economic times, these bookstores continue to be the meet-and-greet centers of gayborhoods worldwide. And if you fail to find a fling or at least a fellow bibliophile, you can always resort to falling in love with those timeless hotties: Wilde, Isherwood and Vidal.
Check out the bookstores we’ve selected as best places to Meet a Book Lover in the Best of GayCities, 2010; The World According to Gays. Judge that boy under the covers, and don’t forget to vote!