- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami gay travel GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Washington DC pride haus San Francisco New York Marriage Equality Los Angeles Fire Island New York City London party haus Las Vegas travel Photos Theater Pride
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Meet a Book Lover
Dec 02, 2010
Way before Grindr, one of the best ways to bump into a boy was by not-so discreetly browsing the erotica section of your local LGBT bookstore. Despite falling on hard economic times, these bookstores continue to be the meet-and-greet centers of gayborhoods worldwide. And if you fail to find a fling or at least a fellow bibliophile, you can always resort to falling in love with those timeless hotties: Wilde, Isherwood and Vidal.
Check out the bookstores we’ve selected as best places to Meet a Book Lover in the Best of GayCities, 2010; The World According to Gays. Judge that boy under the covers, and don’t forget to vote!