- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Marriage Equality pride haus Los Angeles benefit haus New York Jeffrey James Keyes Miami GayCities San Francisco party haus Theater Fire Island Washington DC London Photos Pride Las Vegas travel New York City
Vote in Best of GayCities, 2010: Meet a Book Lover
Dec 02, 2010
Way before Grindr, one of the best ways to bump into a boy was by not-so discreetly browsing the erotica section of your local LGBT bookstore. Despite falling on hard economic times, these bookstores continue to be the meet-and-greet centers of gayborhoods worldwide. And if you fail to find a fling or at least a fellow bibliophile, you can always resort to falling in love with those timeless hotties: Wilde, Isherwood and Vidal.
Check out the bookstores we’ve selected as best places to Meet a Book Lover in the Best of GayCities, 2010; The World According to Gays. Judge that boy under the covers, and don’t forget to vote!