- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Fire Island Pride Chicago Los Angeles Photos Theater New York City travel Jeffrey James Keyes Miami London Washington DC Las Vegas San Francisco GayCities party haus New York Marriage Equality gay travel
Gay Halloween Parties: Tricks & Treats
Oct 14, 2010
Late night trolling, ghoulish fashions and body fluids galore: It’s no surprise we love us some Halloween. Across the country, gay-themed parties have solidified into citywide nightlife traditions. In fact San Francisco’s Castro bash become so popular it was taken over by the straight guys, who got out of control and the cops shut it down. Get out there, but don’t forget your make-up… Here are some great Halloween bashes to embrace the night:
Take over the streets in the night equivalent of Chicago Pride, only with more clothing. Miss Foozie hosts and this year’s theme, “Little Streets of Horror,” with the parade going north all the way to Addison.
So you’ve done the drunken stumble from Cobalt to JR’s before. But have you done it in heels? Ok, so maybe you have. But have you done it with a bunch of men in Halloween drag? Well, I guess it’s just another Tuesday night for you then.
Half a million people will descend onto Santa Monica Boulevard on Halloween night. Not scared yet? This year Right Said Fred will resurrect “I’m Too Sexy” and perform songs from their new album. Talk about frightening.
Don’t get your feathers all flustered. Instead, shake them off and put them on your head (or on whatever bulge you might need to cover) at Fantasy Fest’s gayest party.
Consider it haunted Mardi Gras. You’ll find the gay area of town (around Bourbon St. and St. Ann St.) crawling with all sorts of creatures of the night throughout the weekend. Be sure to check out Dark Knight at Bourbon Pub / Parade for some devilish dancing, and don’t come out until you’ve grooved with at least three village people.