- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Theater travel Pride party haus pride haus New York Chicago San Francisco Miami Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes London Washington DC GayCities Fire Island New York City Photos benefit haus Marriage Equality
I’m From Driftwood: The cross-country story tour
Oct 13, 2010
On Monday’s National Coming Out Day, we blogged about ten great gay youth groups that to help you get involved helping LGBT youth in a time when there has been a spate of gay youth suicides and anti-gay violence. There’s a great online resources as well: Nathan Manske‘s I’m From Driftwood, which features a series of inspiration stories of coming out in small-town America.
Manske is nearing the conclusion of an ambitious and timely cross-country story tour. This Friday the story tour will stop in San Francisco at the Castro’s Magnet health clinic for a reading before dashing off to Palm Springs, Las Vegas, Austin, Chicago and Detroit.
Check out all the upcoming destinations of the story tour.
Submit your own Driftwood story.