- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon travel New York New York City Fire Island Los Angeles Photos Washington DC San Francisco Marriage Equality party haus pride haus Theater Miami Chicago Las Vegas Pride gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities
I’m From Driftwood: The cross-country story tour
Oct 13, 2010
On Monday’s National Coming Out Day, we blogged about ten great gay youth groups that to help you get involved helping LGBT youth in a time when there has been a spate of gay youth suicides and anti-gay violence. There’s a great online resources as well: Nathan Manske‘s I’m From Driftwood, which features a series of inspiration stories of coming out in small-town America.
Manske is nearing the conclusion of an ambitious and timely cross-country story tour. This Friday the story tour will stop in San Francisco at the Castro’s Magnet health clinic for a reading before dashing off to Palm Springs, Las Vegas, Austin, Chicago and Detroit.
Check out all the upcoming destinations of the story tour.
Submit your own Driftwood story.