- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Miami Pride Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Las Vegas benefit haus Chicago Theater London Photos New York Los Angeles New York City Fire Island travel Washington DC pride haus San Francisco Marriage Equality
Painting Buenos Aires Pink: Our newly updated guide
Sep 15, 2010
Buenos Aires has always held a special place in the heart of travelers, and after becoming the first country in Latin America to grant same-sex couples the right to marry this year (celebration above), Argentina’s capital–not to mention its sexy Porteos (Argentines born in BsAs)–is catching the eye of gay travelers.
To celebrate this huge victory for equality, we asked our own sexy Porteo, GayCities Buenos Aires editor Jorge Cino, to update and expand the guide to his home town. He was happy to do a splendid job, especially because his newly adopted home, San Francisco, was stripped, not so long ago, of marriage equality.
Modeled after successful versions in Amsterdam, London and Barcelona, Pink Point comes to the New World as a simple downtown Buenos Aires storefront, providing travelers insider tips on gay bars, gay-friendly-restaurants and accommodations as well as health care centers and saunas.
The center is located on Lavalle 669, local 24 (intersection of Calle Florida), and has been doing its thing since September 2. But the grand opening is being held off until November 5, appropriately enough – the night before Marcha del Orgullo 2010.
Photos by blmurch