- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes New York City San Francisco pride haus New York Theater Washington DC Chicago Photos Marriage Equality London Los Angeles GayCities Las Vegas benefit haus Miami party haus travel Fire Island Pride
Painting Buenos Aires Pink: Our newly updated guide
Sep 15, 2010
Buenos Aires has always held a special place in the heart of travelers, and after becoming the first country in Latin America to grant same-sex couples the right to marry this year (celebration above), Argentina’s capital–not to mention its sexy Porteos (Argentines born in BsAs)–is catching the eye of gay travelers.
To celebrate this huge victory for equality, we asked our own sexy Porteo, GayCities Buenos Aires editor Jorge Cino, to update and expand the guide to his home town. He was happy to do a splendid job, especially because his newly adopted home, San Francisco, was stripped, not so long ago, of marriage equality.
Modeled after successful versions in Amsterdam, London and Barcelona, Pink Point comes to the New World as a simple downtown Buenos Aires storefront, providing travelers insider tips on gay bars, gay-friendly-restaurants and accommodations as well as health care centers and saunas.
The center is located on Lavalle 669, local 24 (intersection of Calle Florida), and has been doing its thing since September 2. But the grand opening is being held off until November 5, appropriately enough – the night before Marcha del Orgullo 2010.
Photos by blmurch