- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus Chicago Los Angeles Washington DC Pride GayCities Photos travel Las Vegas pride haus London New York City Marriage Equality party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Theater San Francisco Fire Island New York Miami
Painting Buenos Aires Pink: Our newly updated guide
Sep 15, 2010
Buenos Aires has always held a special place in the heart of travelers, and after becoming the first country in Latin America to grant same-sex couples the right to marry this year (celebration above), Argentina’s capital–not to mention its sexy Porteos (Argentines born in BsAs)–is catching the eye of gay travelers.
To celebrate this huge victory for equality, we asked our own sexy Porteo, GayCities Buenos Aires editor Jorge Cino, to update and expand the guide to his home town. He was happy to do a splendid job, especially because his newly adopted home, San Francisco, was stripped, not so long ago, of marriage equality.
Modeled after successful versions in Amsterdam, London and Barcelona, Pink Point comes to the New World as a simple downtown Buenos Aires storefront, providing travelers insider tips on gay bars, gay-friendly-restaurants and accommodations as well as health care centers and saunas.
The center is located on Lavalle 669, local 24 (intersection of Calle Florida), and has been doing its thing since September 2. But the grand opening is being held off until November 5, appropriately enough – the night before Marcha del Orgullo 2010.
Photos by blmurch