- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Pride Washington DC travel San Francisco GayCities Los Angeles Photos London party haus gay travel Miami New York Las Vegas Chicago Fire Island pride haus New York City Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes
Hot Shot: Beautiful Pittsburgh
Sep 06, 2010
Pittsburgh does not get the respect it deserves as a surprisingly gay friendly city situated on three scenic rivers. This shot was taken by GayCities member Bart Smyth, aka Trabster, who also happens to be a wonderful photographer. In his free time Bart has been photographing the Pittsburgh gay scene–hometown of the popular Showtime series Queer As Folk–for GayCities.
“This is a relatively rare view of the city in that it was necessary for me to stop on the freeway bridge – being technically against the law and dangerous as hell – to get this shot Sunday, Sept. 5,” writes Bart. “It was worth the risk, however.”