- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles travel San Francisco Pride Las Vegas gay travel GayCities party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Fire Island Marriage Equality New York City pride haus Miami New York London Washington DC Theater Photos
Hot Shot: Beautiful Pittsburgh
Sep 06, 2010
Pittsburgh does not get the respect it deserves as a surprisingly gay friendly city situated on three scenic rivers. This shot was taken by GayCities member Bart Smyth, aka Trabster, who also happens to be a wonderful photographer. In his free time Bart has been photographing the Pittsburgh gay scene–hometown of the popular Showtime series Queer As Folk–for GayCities.
“This is a relatively rare view of the city in that it was necessary for me to stop on the freeway bridge – being technically against the law and dangerous as hell – to get this shot Sunday, Sept. 5,” writes Bart. “It was worth the risk, however.”