- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos London Washington DC Chicago Theater Pride Los Angeles Las Vegas party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Miami GayCities Fire Island gay travel Marriage Equality pride haus New York New York City San Francisco travel
Decadent Fun: Gay Labor Day weekend parties, 2010
Aug 26, 2010 by Dan Tracer
Summer may be in its third and final act, but don’t go planning your Halloween costume quite yet. Labor Day weekend is so jammed full of events you’ll feel like it’s Pride all over again. So bust out the white, wrangle your gays and get in on the fun! We’ve rounded up some of the hottest events from across the country–where will you be?
New Orleans: Southern Decadence (Sept. 1-6) — Southern Decadence is exactly as it sounds: extravaganza of partying in the South’s infamous New Orleans. Ration your energy if you want to make it all the way through to Monday–you’ll need every last drop.
Austin: Splash Days (Sept. 4-5) — Bask (or melt) in the Texas heat and dance it out to circuit DJs like Roland Belmares at this two day bash. Then head to the lake party at Hippy Hollow to cool things down.
Las Vegas: White Party Weekend (Sept. 3-5) – Jeffrey Sanker brings the white party to Vegas for Labor Day. Most of the action is centered around Krave, with a pool party lined up on Sunday at Mandalay Bay. Should be a quiet, relaxing getaway.
Los Angeles: Scandal & The Freemasons (Sept. 4-5) — On Saturday the Hollywood Palladium gets scandalous, but you’ll want to save some mayhem for Sunday when The Freemasons and DJ Joe Gauthreaux tear up Arena. If you’re really in it to win it, there’s Masterbeat’s Hard Labor on Sunday.
San Francisco: Hard French (Sept. 4) – In case you’re wondering where to find the GayCities crew this Labor Day weekend, look no further than the alluring patio at the El Rio in SF’s Mission District. This daytime soul music party packs the crowd in, disproving the theory that you need a synth beat to get a gay crowd up and moving.
New York: Matinee (Sept. 5) — The Matinee group is known for their epic European parties, and this outdoor bash on Governor’s Island will be just as excessive. Hop on the ferry or catch a water taxi and dance all night under the NYC skyline.