- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Las Vegas New York Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Pride travel Washington DC Miami party haus New York City Chicago gay travel London San Francisco Photos Marriage Equality pride haus Fire Island
Decadent Fun: Gay Labor Day weekend parties, 2010
Aug 26, 2010
Summer may be in its third and final act, but don’t go planning your Halloween costume quite yet. Labor Day weekend is so jammed full of events you’ll feel like it’s Pride all over again. So bust out the white, wrangle your gays and get in on the fun! We’ve rounded up some of the hottest events from across the country–where will you be?
New Orleans: Southern Decadence (Sept. 1-6) — Southern Decadence is exactly as it sounds: extravaganza of partying in the South’s infamous New Orleans. Ration your energy if you want to make it all the way through to Monday–you’ll need every last drop.
Austin: Splash Days (Sept. 4-5) — Bask (or melt) in the Texas heat and dance it out to circuit DJs like Roland Belmares at this two day bash. Then head to the lake party at Hippy Hollow to cool things down.
Las Vegas: White Party Weekend (Sept. 3-5) — Jeffrey Sanker brings the white party to Vegas for Labor Day. Most of the action is centered around Krave, with a pool party lined up on Sunday at Mandalay Bay. Should be a quiet, relaxing getaway.
Los Angeles: Scandal & The Freemasons (Sept. 4-5) — On Saturday the Hollywood Palladium gets scandalous, but you’ll want to save some mayhem for Sunday when The Freemasons and DJ Joe Gauthreaux tear up Arena. If you’re really in it to win it, there’s Masterbeat’s Hard Labor on Sunday.
San Francisco: Hard French (Sept. 4) — In case you’re wondering where to find the GayCities crew this Labor Day weekend, look no further than the alluring patio at the El Rio in SF’s Mission District. This daytime soul music party packs the crowd in, disproving the theory that you need a synth beat to get a gay crowd up and moving.
New York: Matinee (Sept. 5) — The Matinee group is known for their epic European parties, and this outdoor bash on Governor’s Island will be just as excessive. Hop on the ferry or catch a water taxi and dance all night under the NYC skyline.