- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride pride haus Los Angeles GayCities San Francisco Las Vegas benefit haus Theater New York City London Marriage Equality travel party haus New York Jeffrey James Keyes Photos Chicago Miami Fire Island Washington DC
Decadent Fun: Gay Labor Day weekend parties, 2010
Aug 26, 2010
Summer may be in its third and final act, but don’t go planning your Halloween costume quite yet. Labor Day weekend is so jammed full of events you’ll feel like it’s Pride all over again. So bust out the white, wrangle your gays and get in on the fun! We’ve rounded up some of the hottest events from across the country–where will you be?
New Orleans: Southern Decadence (Sept. 1-6) — Southern Decadence is exactly as it sounds: extravaganza of partying in the South’s infamous New Orleans. Ration your energy if you want to make it all the way through to Monday–you’ll need every last drop.
Austin: Splash Days (Sept. 4-5) — Bask (or melt) in the Texas heat and dance it out to circuit DJs like Roland Belmares at this two day bash. Then head to the lake party at Hippy Hollow to cool things down.
Las Vegas: White Party Weekend (Sept. 3-5) — Jeffrey Sanker brings the white party to Vegas for Labor Day. Most of the action is centered around Krave, with a pool party lined up on Sunday at Mandalay Bay. Should be a quiet, relaxing getaway.
Los Angeles: Scandal & The Freemasons (Sept. 4-5) — On Saturday the Hollywood Palladium gets scandalous, but you’ll want to save some mayhem for Sunday when The Freemasons and DJ Joe Gauthreaux tear up Arena. If you’re really in it to win it, there’s Masterbeat’s Hard Labor on Sunday.
San Francisco: Hard French (Sept. 4) — In case you’re wondering where to find the GayCities crew this Labor Day weekend, look no further than the alluring patio at the El Rio in SF’s Mission District. This daytime soul music party packs the crowd in, disproving the theory that you need a synth beat to get a gay crowd up and moving.
New York: Matinee (Sept. 5) — The Matinee group is known for their epic European parties, and this outdoor bash on Governor’s Island will be just as excessive. Hop on the ferry or catch a water taxi and dance all night under the NYC skyline.