- Keith Haring’s greatest masterpiece is hidden in an old men’s bathroom in NYC
- Bikers pedal across the globe in their birthday suits for the 13th annual World Naked Bike Ride
- Pizza, martinis and puppies: the insider’s guide to Chicago’s International Mr. Leather
- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon Fire Island Miami Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities Theater Marriage Equality Pride Photos Los Angeles San Francisco Washington DC New York City gay travel travel Chicago party haus Las Vegas pride haus New York
Decadent Fun: Gay Labor Day weekend parties, 2010
Aug 26, 2010
Summer may be in its third and final act, but don’t go planning your Halloween costume quite yet. Labor Day weekend is so jammed full of events you’ll feel like it’s Pride all over again. So bust out the white, wrangle your gays and get in on the fun! We’ve rounded up some of the hottest events from across the country–where will you be?
New Orleans: Southern Decadence (Sept. 1-6) — Southern Decadence is exactly as it sounds: extravaganza of partying in the South’s infamous New Orleans. Ration your energy if you want to make it all the way through to Monday–you’ll need every last drop.
Austin: Splash Days (Sept. 4-5) — Bask (or melt) in the Texas heat and dance it out to circuit DJs like Roland Belmares at this two day bash. Then head to the lake party at Hippy Hollow to cool things down.
Las Vegas: White Party Weekend (Sept. 3-5) — Jeffrey Sanker brings the white party to Vegas for Labor Day. Most of the action is centered around Krave, with a pool party lined up on Sunday at Mandalay Bay. Should be a quiet, relaxing getaway.
Los Angeles: Scandal & The Freemasons (Sept. 4-5) — On Saturday the Hollywood Palladium gets scandalous, but you’ll want to save some mayhem for Sunday when The Freemasons and DJ Joe Gauthreaux tear up Arena. If you’re really in it to win it, there’s Masterbeat’s Hard Labor on Sunday.
San Francisco: Hard French (Sept. 4) — In case you’re wondering where to find the GayCities crew this Labor Day weekend, look no further than the alluring patio at the El Rio in SF’s Mission District. This daytime soul music party packs the crowd in, disproving the theory that you need a synth beat to get a gay crowd up and moving.
New York: Matinee (Sept. 5) — The Matinee group is known for their epic European parties, and this outdoor bash on Governor’s Island will be just as excessive. Hop on the ferry or catch a water taxi and dance all night under the NYC skyline.