- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles party haus San Francisco Miami New York City Chicago London GayCities New York Fire Island Photos Theater Washington DC Marriage Equality travel Pride benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Las Vegas
Decadent Fun: Gay Labor Day weekend parties, 2010
Aug 26, 2010
Summer may be in its third and final act, but don’t go planning your Halloween costume quite yet. Labor Day weekend is so jammed full of events you’ll feel like it’s Pride all over again. So bust out the white, wrangle your gays and get in on the fun! We’ve rounded up some of the hottest events from across the country–where will you be?
New Orleans: Southern Decadence (Sept. 1-6) — Southern Decadence is exactly as it sounds: extravaganza of partying in the South’s infamous New Orleans. Ration your energy if you want to make it all the way through to Monday–you’ll need every last drop.
Austin: Splash Days (Sept. 4-5) — Bask (or melt) in the Texas heat and dance it out to circuit DJs like Roland Belmares at this two day bash. Then head to the lake party at Hippy Hollow to cool things down.
Las Vegas: White Party Weekend (Sept. 3-5) — Jeffrey Sanker brings the white party to Vegas for Labor Day. Most of the action is centered around Krave, with a pool party lined up on Sunday at Mandalay Bay. Should be a quiet, relaxing getaway.
Los Angeles: Scandal & The Freemasons (Sept. 4-5) — On Saturday the Hollywood Palladium gets scandalous, but you’ll want to save some mayhem for Sunday when The Freemasons and DJ Joe Gauthreaux tear up Arena. If you’re really in it to win it, there’s Masterbeat’s Hard Labor on Sunday.
San Francisco: Hard French (Sept. 4) — In case you’re wondering where to find the GayCities crew this Labor Day weekend, look no further than the alluring patio at the El Rio in SF’s Mission District. This daytime soul music party packs the crowd in, disproving the theory that you need a synth beat to get a gay crowd up and moving.
New York: Matinee (Sept. 5) — The Matinee group is known for their epic European parties, and this outdoor bash on Governor’s Island will be just as excessive. Hop on the ferry or catch a water taxi and dance all night under the NYC skyline.