- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami pride haus New York City San Francisco New York Los Angeles Fire Island Chicago benefit haus Pride Jeffrey James Keyes travel GayCities London party haus Washington DC Theater Marriage Equality Photos Las Vegas
Montreal’s Queer of the Year
Aug 12, 2010 by Chris Bull
Montreal’s Gay Pride celebration is always one of the most anticipated. But this year organizers have added a unique twist that pushes the envelop of the increasing number of cities, big and small, vying for the gay visitor dollar.
The famously tolerant city will crown what it has dubbed the Queer of the Year contest winner. Contestants posted videos and submitted applications since June. A panel of judges selected five finalists who have been whisked off to Montreal, ready to explore Le Village and beyond during pride. The boys will compete in a variety of challenges and activities, all of which will be captured on film and posted online. The finalist with the most public votes combined with the most points from the judges will win the title and Montreal VIP treatment valued at $4,000. Check back to discover the winner…