- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Los Angeles Chicago pride haus Photos New York Theater Las Vegas Fire Island benefit haus Marriage Equality San Francisco party haus Miami travel Washington DC New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Pride London
Montreal’s Queer of the Year
Aug 12, 2010
Montreal’s Gay Pride celebration is always one of the most anticipated. But this year organizers have added a unique twist that pushes the envelop of the increasing number of cities, big and small, vying for the gay visitor dollar.
The famously tolerant city will crown what it has dubbed the Queer of the Year contest winner. Contestants posted videos and submitted applications since June. A panel of judges selected five finalists who have been whisked off to Montreal, ready to explore Le Village and beyond during pride. The boys will compete in a variety of challenges and activities, all of which will be captured on film and posted online. The finalist with the most public votes combined with the most points from the judges will win the title and Montreal VIP treatment valued at $4,000. Check back to discover the winner…