- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes gay travel Las Vegas pride haus GayCities Los Angeles Chicago Miami Photos Theater New York Pride party haus Marriage Equality New York City travel Fire Island Washington DC San Francisco London
Montreal’s Queer of the Year
Aug 12, 2010
Montreal’s Gay Pride celebration is always one of the most anticipated. But this year organizers have added a unique twist that pushes the envelop of the increasing number of cities, big and small, vying for the gay visitor dollar.
The famously tolerant city will crown what it has dubbed the Queer of the Year contest winner. Contestants posted videos and submitted applications since June. A panel of judges selected five finalists who have been whisked off to Montreal, ready to explore Le Village and beyond during pride. The boys will compete in a variety of challenges and activities, all of which will be captured on film and posted online. The finalist with the most public votes combined with the most points from the judges will win the title and Montreal VIP treatment valued at $4,000. Check back to discover the winner…