- Keith Haring’s greatest masterpiece is hidden in an old men’s bathroom in NYC
- Bikers pedal across the globe in their birthday suits for the 13th annual World Naked Bike Ride
- Pizza, martinis and puppies: the insider’s guide to Chicago’s International Mr. Leather
- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSgay travel New York New York City Miami Theater Washington DC Fire Island San Francisco Marriage Equality London pride haus Photos GayCities party haus Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Pride travel Chicago Las Vegas
Beach Buns: Top 10 Gay Nude Beaches Worldwide
Aug 19, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
While it is technically illegal to disrobe here, the National Park Service generally looks the other way, and you should be able to cover up quickly in a pinch. The dunes are infamous for cruising and connecting, so don’t wander off the beaten path unless you are looking for some trouble!
The crowd ranges from slim to, well, the opposite, making everyone feel welcome. Mixed straight and gay, beach-goers tend to be from the US and Europe with a smattering of locals.
The water is cold (this is the Atlantic, not the Indian, ocean) and it can get windy, so make sure you bring more than your body heat.
Not technically a nude beach, but home to the tiniest bikinis and speedos in the world – leaving little to the imagination.
The north end of Baker Beach that attracts a gay (and mixture of birthday and bathing suited) crowd. The beach makes up for the often foggy weather with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, raising above the cool gray shroud. And don’t despair, even the SF fog can’t hide the monuments closer at hand.
Little Beach is a popular nude beach and on the far side you’ll find the gays free-balling it up in the blistering Hawaiian sun. Get a cute guy to lather you up with sunscreen.
A pleasant bike ride or a few minutes by train will give you great sand, plenty of grass for relaxing or ball games and a good view of Sweden. The north area is where the gays and nudists let it all hang out. Great for people-watching too.
For beautiful surroundings (not to mention the gorgeous landscape), head out to Lady Jane Beach on a sunny afternoon. Eye candy awaits, and maybe even a free sample if you get lucky.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also San Diego’s popular gay destination—imagine that.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE NUDE BEACH? SHARE YOUR TAKE