- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus party haus Washington DC Marriage Equality Chicago Fire Island GayCities Theater Miami Las Vegas London travel New York Photos San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Pride benefit haus Los Angeles
Beach Buns: Top 10 Gay Nude Beaches Worldwide
Aug 19, 2010 by Oscar Raymundo
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
While it is technically illegal to disrobe here, the National Park Service generally looks the other way, and you should be able to cover up quickly in a pinch. The dunes are infamous for cruising and connecting, so don’t wander off the beaten path unless you are looking for some trouble!
The crowd ranges from slim to, well, the opposite, making everyone feel welcome. Mixed straight and gay, beach-goers tend to be from the US and Europe with a smattering of locals.
The water is cold (this is the Atlantic, not the Indian, ocean) and it can get windy, so make sure you bring more than your body heat.
Not technically a nude beach, but home to the tiniest bikinis and speedos in the world – leaving little to the imagination.
The north end of Baker Beach that attracts a gay (and mixture of birthday and bathing suited) crowd. The beach makes up for the often foggy weather with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, raising above the cool gray shroud. And don’t despair, even the SF fog can’t hide the monuments closer at hand.
Little Beach is a popular nude beach and on the far side you’ll find the gays free-balling it up in the blistering Hawaiian sun. Get a cute guy to lather you up with sunscreen.
A pleasant bike ride or a few minutes by train will give you great sand, plenty of grass for relaxing or ball games and a good view of Sweden. The north area is where the gays and nudists let it all hang out. Great for people-watching too.
For beautiful surroundings (not to mention the gorgeous landscape), head out to Lady Jane Beach on a sunny afternoon. Eye candy awaits, and maybe even a free sample if you get lucky.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also San Diego’s popular gay destination—imagine that.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE NUDE BEACH? SHARE YOUR TAKE