- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Miami Washington DC Chicago New York City Photos Marriage Equality travel Pride benefit haus San Francisco party haus Las Vegas Fire Island New York Los Angeles London GayCities pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes
Beach Buns: Top 10 Gay Nude Beaches Worldwide
Aug 19, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
While it is technically illegal to disrobe here, the National Park Service generally looks the other way, and you should be able to cover up quickly in a pinch. The dunes are infamous for cruising and connecting, so don’t wander off the beaten path unless you are looking for some trouble!
The crowd ranges from slim to, well, the opposite, making everyone feel welcome. Mixed straight and gay, beach-goers tend to be from the US and Europe with a smattering of locals.
The water is cold (this is the Atlantic, not the Indian, ocean) and it can get windy, so make sure you bring more than your body heat.
Not technically a nude beach, but home to the tiniest bikinis and speedos in the world – leaving little to the imagination.
The north end of Baker Beach that attracts a gay (and mixture of birthday and bathing suited) crowd. The beach makes up for the often foggy weather with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, raising above the cool gray shroud. And don’t despair, even the SF fog can’t hide the monuments closer at hand.
Little Beach is a popular nude beach and on the far side you’ll find the gays free-balling it up in the blistering Hawaiian sun. Get a cute guy to lather you up with sunscreen.
A pleasant bike ride or a few minutes by train will give you great sand, plenty of grass for relaxing or ball games and a good view of Sweden. The north area is where the gays and nudists let it all hang out. Great for people-watching too.
For beautiful surroundings (not to mention the gorgeous landscape), head out to Lady Jane Beach on a sunny afternoon. Eye candy awaits, and maybe even a free sample if you get lucky.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also San Diego’s popular gay destination—imagine that.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE NUDE BEACH? SHARE YOUR TAKE