- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride travel Fire Island Washington DC Miami New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality GayCities San Francisco New York London Las Vegas Los Angeles gay travel Photos pride haus party haus Chicago Theater
Beach Buns: Top 10 Gay Nude Beaches Worldwide
Aug 19, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
While it is technically illegal to disrobe here, the National Park Service generally looks the other way, and you should be able to cover up quickly in a pinch. The dunes are infamous for cruising and connecting, so don’t wander off the beaten path unless you are looking for some trouble!
The crowd ranges from slim to, well, the opposite, making everyone feel welcome. Mixed straight and gay, beach-goers tend to be from the US and Europe with a smattering of locals.
The water is cold (this is the Atlantic, not the Indian, ocean) and it can get windy, so make sure you bring more than your body heat.
Not technically a nude beach, but home to the tiniest bikinis and speedos in the world – leaving little to the imagination.
The north end of Baker Beach that attracts a gay (and mixture of birthday and bathing suited) crowd. The beach makes up for the often foggy weather with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, raising above the cool gray shroud. And don’t despair, even the SF fog can’t hide the monuments closer at hand.
Little Beach is a popular nude beach and on the far side you’ll find the gays free-balling it up in the blistering Hawaiian sun. Get a cute guy to lather you up with sunscreen.
A pleasant bike ride or a few minutes by train will give you great sand, plenty of grass for relaxing or ball games and a good view of Sweden. The north area is where the gays and nudists let it all hang out. Great for people-watching too.
For beautiful surroundings (not to mention the gorgeous landscape), head out to Lady Jane Beach on a sunny afternoon. Eye candy awaits, and maybe even a free sample if you get lucky.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also San Diego’s popular gay destination—imagine that.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE NUDE BEACH? SHARE YOUR TAKE