- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island pride haus London Jeffrey James Keyes Photos benefit haus New York Chicago GayCities San Francisco travel Washington DC Marriage Equality New York City party haus Los Angeles Theater Pride Las Vegas Miami
Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Jul 28, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
Located near the gay resorts, Sebastian Street is the beach destination for visitors and locals alike. Populated mostly by men, this beach is see-and-be-seen in that low-key Lauderdale way.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also one of San Diego’s most popular gay destinations—imagine that!
Lifeguards in budgie smugglers (Speedos), sunbathing on white sand under endless sun. No, that’s not heaven. That’s Bondi Beach, just outside Sydney. The gay section is on the North end, and the further north you get the gayer (and fleshier) it gets.
It’s a bit of a hike from the “Big Beach,” but the behinds to behold makes it worth the effort.
“Barbies” is the local name for Rio’s muscle men and Farme de Amoedo beach is where you’ll find them. Also known, for good reason, as “Farme Gay.”
Poodle Beach is located just south of the boardwalk, and you could surf on the board like abs of some of the guys there. It can get crowded here during the season, but it is the hot spot in the energetic social scene. Lesbians tend to prefer North Shores Beach.
Grab a towel, lotion and sunglasses: Spain’s hottest bodies soak in the sun here. Right across from Hotel Calipolis, between the life guard station and picnic restaurant–and more muscle guys than you can toss a stick at (maybe not a great idea!).
The gay beach is at the south end of the Playa Los Muertos and is usually referred to as the “blue chairs” for the seating put out by the gay resort of the same name. Many a lad has had the back end of his speedo glued to these chairs for the better part of a sunny day, soaking in the sun, booze and intensely homoerotic vibes. The flirty interplay between the mostly Mexican locals and gay visitors from around the globe is fun to watch.
The beach is an extension of the area’s party mentality, and is packed with eye candy, particularly Chelsea boys. Nudity is allowed on the shore as well but most guys prefer the fabulousness of a speedo.
Clifton 3rd is completely protected from the sea breezes that sweeps most of Cape Town. It faces west so the sunsets are stunning, setting around 8 p.m. in summer. Take care to “hide” alcoholic drinks, as drinking in public is forbidden and strictly monitored. Sip one under a beach towel with your new friend as the sun sets on this gay paradise.
<!– Blog_sponsorship_3 –>