- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Washington DC Marriage Equality travel gay travel New York Photos pride haus New York City party haus Las Vegas Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities Fire Island Theater Pride Miami San Francisco London
Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Jul 28, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
Located near the gay resorts, Sebastian Street is the beach destination for visitors and locals alike. Populated mostly by men, this beach is see-and-be-seen in that low-key Lauderdale way.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also one of San Diego’s most popular gay destinations—imagine that!
Lifeguards in budgie smugglers (Speedos), sunbathing on white sand under endless sun. No, that’s not heaven. That’s Bondi Beach, just outside Sydney. The gay section is on the North end, and the further north you get the gayer (and fleshier) it gets.
It’s a bit of a hike from the “Big Beach,” but the behinds to behold makes it worth the effort.
“Barbies” is the local name for Rio’s muscle men and Farme de Amoedo beach is where you’ll find them. Also known, for good reason, as “Farme Gay.”
Poodle Beach is located just south of the boardwalk, and you could surf on the board like abs of some of the guys there. It can get crowded here during the season, but it is the hot spot in the energetic social scene. Lesbians tend to prefer North Shores Beach.
Grab a towel, lotion and sunglasses: Spain’s hottest bodies soak in the sun here. Right across from Hotel Calipolis, between the life guard station and picnic restaurant–and more muscle guys than you can toss a stick at (maybe not a great idea!).
The gay beach is at the south end of the Playa Los Muertos and is usually referred to as the “blue chairs” for the seating put out by the gay resort of the same name. Many a lad has had the back end of his speedo glued to these chairs for the better part of a sunny day, soaking in the sun, booze and intensely homoerotic vibes. The flirty interplay between the mostly Mexican locals and gay visitors from around the globe is fun to watch.
The beach is an extension of the area’s party mentality, and is packed with eye candy, particularly Chelsea boys. Nudity is allowed on the shore as well but most guys prefer the fabulousness of a speedo.
Clifton 3rd is completely protected from the sea breezes that sweeps most of Cape Town. It faces west so the sunsets are stunning, setting around 8 p.m. in summer. Take care to “hide” alcoholic drinks, as drinking in public is forbidden and strictly monitored. Sip one under a beach towel with your new friend as the sun sets on this gay paradise.
<!– Blog_sponsorship_3 –>