- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
- Five Things To Know About Ariana Grande Before Her NYC Pride Performance
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Fire Island GayCities London San Francisco Pride Photos pride haus Theater New York Miami benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes travel New York City Marriage Equality Las Vegas Chicago Los Angeles party haus
Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Jul 28, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
Located near the gay resorts, Sebastian Street is the beach destination for visitors and locals alike. Populated mostly by men, this beach is see-and-be-seen in that low-key Lauderdale way.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also one of San Diego’s most popular gay destinations—imagine that!
Lifeguards in budgie smugglers (Speedos), sunbathing on white sand under endless sun. No, that’s not heaven. That’s Bondi Beach, just outside Sydney. The gay section is on the North end, and the further north you get the gayer (and fleshier) it gets.
It’s a bit of a hike from the “Big Beach,” but the behinds to behold makes it worth the effort.
“Barbies” is the local name for Rio’s muscle men and Farme de Amoedo beach is where you’ll find them. Also known, for good reason, as “Farme Gay.”
Poodle Beach is located just south of the boardwalk, and you could surf on the board like abs of some of the guys there. It can get crowded here during the season, but it is the hot spot in the energetic social scene. Lesbians tend to prefer North Shores Beach.
Grab a towel, lotion and sunglasses: Spain’s hottest bodies soak in the sun here. Right across from Hotel Calipolis, between the life guard station and picnic restaurant–and more muscle guys than you can toss a stick at (maybe not a great idea!).
The gay beach is at the south end of the Playa Los Muertos and is usually referred to as the “blue chairs” for the seating put out by the gay resort of the same name. Many a lad has had the back end of his speedo glued to these chairs for the better part of a sunny day, soaking in the sun, booze and intensely homoerotic vibes. The flirty interplay between the mostly Mexican locals and gay visitors from around the globe is fun to watch.
The beach is an extension of the area’s party mentality, and is packed with eye candy, particularly Chelsea boys. Nudity is allowed on the shore as well but most guys prefer the fabulousness of a speedo.
Clifton 3rd is completely protected from the sea breezes that sweeps most of Cape Town. It faces west so the sunsets are stunning, setting around 8 p.m. in summer. Take care to “hide” alcoholic drinks, as drinking in public is forbidden and strictly monitored. Sip one under a beach towel with your new friend as the sun sets on this gay paradise.
<!– Blog_sponsorship_3 –>