- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
- PHOTOS: Atomic Bombshells Blow up the Stage
- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Photos Theater Fire Island Chicago New York City New York Pride pride haus GayCities Washington DC London travel Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel Las Vegas party haus San Francisco Miami
Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Jul 28, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2011
Located near the gay resorts, Sebastian Street is the beach destination for visitors and locals alike. Populated mostly by men, this beach is see-and-be-seen in that low-key Lauderdale way.
Probably the most famous nude beach in America, Black’s Beach is also one of San Diego’s most popular gay destinations—imagine that!
Lifeguards in budgie smugglers (Speedos), sunbathing on white sand under endless sun. No, that’s not heaven. That’s Bondi Beach, just outside Sydney. The gay section is on the North end, and the further north you get the gayer (and fleshier) it gets.
It’s a bit of a hike from the “Big Beach,” but the behinds to behold makes it worth the effort.
“Barbies” is the local name for Rio’s muscle men and Farme de Amoedo beach is where you’ll find them. Also known, for good reason, as “Farme Gay.”
Poodle Beach is located just south of the boardwalk, and you could surf on the board like abs of some of the guys there. It can get crowded here during the season, but it is the hot spot in the energetic social scene. Lesbians tend to prefer North Shores Beach.
Grab a towel, lotion and sunglasses: Spain’s hottest bodies soak in the sun here. Right across from Hotel Calipolis, between the life guard station and picnic restaurant–and more muscle guys than you can toss a stick at (maybe not a great idea!).
The gay beach is at the south end of the Playa Los Muertos and is usually referred to as the “blue chairs” for the seating put out by the gay resort of the same name. Many a lad has had the back end of his speedo glued to these chairs for the better part of a sunny day, soaking in the sun, booze and intensely homoerotic vibes. The flirty interplay between the mostly Mexican locals and gay visitors from around the globe is fun to watch.
The beach is an extension of the area’s party mentality, and is packed with eye candy, particularly Chelsea boys. Nudity is allowed on the shore as well but most guys prefer the fabulousness of a speedo.
Clifton 3rd is completely protected from the sea breezes that sweeps most of Cape Town. It faces west so the sunsets are stunning, setting around 8 p.m. in summer. Take care to “hide” alcoholic drinks, as drinking in public is forbidden and strictly monitored. Sip one under a beach towel with your new friend as the sun sets on this gay paradise.
<!– Blog_sponsorship_3 –>