- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Los Angeles Photos travel pride haus GayCities Fire Island Washington DC London gay travel New York Chicago party haus San Francisco New York City Miami Las Vegas Theater Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes
New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Mar 01, 2017
The Trump administration has already begun chipping away at LGBTQ rights with last week’s executive order rescinding protections for trans youth, but at least one American city is taking a stand against it.
New Orleans Tourism is pushing back in a way only New Orleans can: by throwing a parade! Hundreds of people gathered on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter during Mardi Gras for a “reverse parade” to show that New Orleans is a city that welcomes everyone and where ya’ll truly does mean all.
But the video, which features people of all ages, races, genders, and orientations, is more than just another travel commercial. It offers us a much-needed reminder that, despite the current political climate in America, we’re never going back. The advancements made in LGBTQ rights under the Obama administration are here to stay and we’re committed to making sure of that.
Check out the powerful video…