- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride gay travel San Francisco Los Angeles Theater Photos pride haus Washington DC Miami Marriage Equality travel Jeffrey James Keyes London New York GayCities Las Vegas Chicago party haus New York City Fire Island
PHOTOS: Sonoma Turns Fire Island For A Weekend
Jun 27, 2014
What happens when you mix gay with wine? The answer can be found at the annual Gay Wine Weekend, where wine enthusiasts descend on California wine country and cover Sonoma in glitter and rainbows.
Our photographer got inside scoop on the Out in the Vineyard’s 4th annual event this year.
Host hotel MacArthur Place went gay for the weekend and transformed into a magical and luxurious gay neighborhood. The weekend’s biggest event was a Twilight T-dance at Raymond Vineyard, where hundreds and hundreds drag legend Honey Mahogany performed acapella throughout the eventing.
The weekend culminated in a charity Recovery Brunch, where Bloody Mary’s and mimosa’s lined tables of recuperating eyes. With a little hair of the dog and a sassy auctioneer from SF Gay Men’s Chorus, the live auction raised over $24,000 for local HIV/AIDS charity Face-to-Face.
Check out pictures below…
Official Pool Party at MacArthur Place
Host winery of Twilight T-Dance, Raymond Vineyard
VIP reception for Twilight T-Dance
Drag superstar and performing guest Honey Mahogany
Recovery Brunch auction with proceeds benefiting Face-to-Face
photos credit PhotoDRO