- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities party haus Pride Marriage Equality Fire Island pride haus San Francisco Washington DC Chicago travel London Las Vegas Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Theater New York New York City Los Angeles gay travel
PHOTOS: Israeli Gays Make Tel Aviv Pride Celebration Its Biggest And Hottest Ever
Jun 16, 2014
Israel’s booming beachside hotspot of Tel Aviv celebrated its biggest
Pride ever on Friday, with some 150,000 people taking part in its
steamy summer solstice parade and festival. The jubilant parade began
as usual at the city’s Me’ir Park, but took a new route this year to
hug the main beachfront before emptying out into Charles Clore Beach
for the afternoon and early evening festival. Performers included such
well known Israeli LGBT icons as Dana International, winner of the
1998 Eurovision Song Contest.
TLVFest, the city’s popular annual LGBT film event also happened
simultaneously, with gay indie darling Tanner Cohen (Getting Go: The
Go Doc Project) serving as one of this year’s festival judges.
All week long the city’s preferred gay sandy hangout, Hilton Beach,
offered up a series of daytime beach parties. Numerous nighttime
parties of course also went down around town in Tel Aviv’s exploding
gay scene, with local superclub FFF holding the biggest bash on Friday
night to close out the week.
Check out pics of the largest Pride parade in the Mideast with a large assortment of guys…