- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon San Francisco Theater Marriage Equality pride haus Fire Island New York Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago travel New York City Los Angeles Miami Las Vegas Washington DC benefit haus Photos party haus GayCities Pride
PHOTOS: Adorable Couple Enjoys Romantic Getaway In The Fire Island Pines
Jun 17, 2014
Since the season is here, we thought it would be fun to follow a New York City couple, Adam Hostler and Jean-Paul Morales, on that gay ritual: A summer getaway to Fire Island, in this case The Madison Fire Island Pines.
Adam and Jean-Paul are both actors working in New York City. They were ready for a quick getaway and while Adam has spent a great deal of time up in Provincetown during the past few summers, Fire Island is the perfect option for a quick escape.
Adam and Jean-Paul went over their travel options at Penn Station. From May 24 to September 1 the Long Island Railroad offers a Fire Island Pines Getaway Package including a discounted LIRR Off Peak round trip ticket, ferry and colonial taxis.
The guys ended up taking a 9:22am train on the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station to Sayville, New York with a quick transfer in Babylon. They arrived in Sayville just before 11:00am.
In Sayville a shuttle bus picked the guys up and dropped them off at the Sayville Ferry Dock in order to catch the 11:30am ferry to the Pines. There’s an adorable bar/restaurant at the ferry dock with boats leaving to the Pines and Cherry Grove throughout the season. The ferry schedule changes periodically, current schedules to the Pines are available here.
The ferry is usually packed with guys heading out to the big party weekends (Ascension, The Pines Party, Black Out, and Independence Day) but a quick escape during the week is a perfect summer getaway and an ideal opportunity to relax by the pool and catch some sun. The guys were surprised at how much room there was on the ferry on an off-season day. “The last time I came out was over the Black Out Weekend last season,” commented Jean-Paul, “you couldn’t even get a seat on the ferry.”