- Fifteen Trending Places To Visit 2015
- Photo Exhibit Celebrates Art & AIDS: Amor y Pasión
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality GayCities New York City San Francisco London Las Vegas Miami travel Los Angeles Fire Island New York Theater Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago party haus Pride benefit haus Washington DC pride haus Photos
PHOTOS: Adorable Couple Enjoys Romantic Getaway In The Fire Island Pines
Jun 17, 2014
Since the season is here, we thought it would be fun to follow a New York City couple, Adam Hostler and Jean-Paul Morales, on that gay ritual: A summer getaway to Fire Island, in this case The Madison Fire Island Pines.
Adam and Jean-Paul are both actors working in New York City. They were ready for a quick getaway and while Adam has spent a great deal of time up in Provincetown during the past few summers, Fire Island is the perfect option for a quick escape.
Adam and Jean-Paul went over their travel options at Penn Station. From May 24 to September 1 the Long Island Railroad offers a Fire Island Pines Getaway Package including a discounted LIRR Off Peak round trip ticket, ferry and colonial taxis.
The guys ended up taking a 9:22am train on the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station to Sayville, New York with a quick transfer in Babylon. They arrived in Sayville just before 11:00am.
In Sayville a shuttle bus picked the guys up and dropped them off at the Sayville Ferry Dock in order to catch the 11:30am ferry to the Pines. There’s an adorable bar/restaurant at the ferry dock with boats leaving to the Pines and Cherry Grove throughout the season. The ferry schedule changes periodically, current schedules to the Pines are available here.
The ferry is usually packed with guys heading out to the big party weekends (Ascension, The Pines Party, Black Out, and Independence Day) but a quick escape during the week is a perfect summer getaway and an ideal opportunity to relax by the pool and catch some sun. The guys were surprised at how much room there was on the ferry on an off-season day. “The last time I came out was over the Black Out Weekend last season,” commented Jean-Paul, “you couldn’t even get a seat on the ferry.”