- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
- Five Things To Know About Ariana Grande Before Her NYC Pride Performance
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Gay Beaches 2015
- Ian Reisner’s Fire Island Business Suffers Aerial Assault
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Fire Island Los Angeles London Washington DC GayCities party haus New York Chicago Theater San Francisco Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas benefit haus Marriage Equality Photos travel New York City pride haus
An Animated Guide To Surviving New Year’s Eve Celebrations
Dec 30, 2013
The good news about going hard on New Year’s Eve is you can spin it any way you want. It’s either a magical night foretelling bigger and better things to come, or a disastrous mess that means life can only go uphill in the new year. Still, we’d like all of you to have the former. So here’s 8 tips for surviving NYE and successfully turning the page to 2014.
To create your own NYE experience, check out the GayCities NYE guide.
1. Pace yourself.
Don’t be that guy who falls asleep because he couldn’t stop downing Moscow mules at 9:30.
2. Staying in isn’t a sin.
If all the NYE hype (this post included) makes you gag, consider gathering some of your closest friends for a small party at home. It’s cheaper and more intimate. Just don’t be boring. Turn off the Times Square ball drop and do some shots.
3. Be unapologetic.
If your friends try to wrangle you into some lame houseparty and you’d rather be covered in other peoples’ sweat, go for it. This is your year, damn-it. No need to justify.
4. Focus on the future.
No, you didn’t get that promotion. Yes, you gained 15 pounds. Don’t get hung up; life’s full of disappointment. Keep your goals on the horizon and remember nobody’s perfect. Ever. So get over it and have fun.
5. If you need to puke, puke rainbows.
On any other night you’d be cabbing it home about now. NYE comes but once a year, so buck up, find some listerine and get back on that saddle, champ.
6. Let go.
We spend so much time worrying about what other people think of us. Start off the new year with a fresh outlook and just do you to the fullest. You’ll be surprised what can happen when you shed your insecurities.
7. Don’t be afraid to go stag.
You’re single on NYE. Again. It happens. That’s no excuse not to enter the new year proud and confident.
8. Just because you came stag doesn’t mean you should leave stag.
Use that midnight kiss to be bold and finally approach the guy you’ve been eyeing all night. Could turn into the best New Year’s Day you’ve ever had.