- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- PHOTOS: Check Out The Winning Pride Photo In The GayCities Challenge
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride GayCities travel London Miami Las Vegas Fire Island pride haus Chicago benefit haus party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC New York City Photos Theater San Francisco New York Los Angeles Marriage Equality
Gay Easter party roundup: what’s in your basket?
Mar 19, 2010 by Dan Tracer
The connection between Easter and brunch goes back ages. What better way to commemorate Jesus’ resurrection than by conquering a hangover and bouncing back to life in time for a 2pm breakfast? The Christians got it right this time. To keep your Easter bunny hopping, we’ve lined up some special events you won’t want to miss. Just be sure to roll out of bed the next day.
San Francisco: Tranny Shack Reno — For its total change of pace, Trannyshack Reno gets our pick for Easter event of the weekend. Starting in SF, a bus full of drag queens (you can be one of them!) hits the road for Reno, Nevada. After causing a substantial scene the group heads to the Trannyshack show at Ten99 Club. On Easter Sunday, heads will turn again as the gang does a round of casino buffets. (Photo by Trannyshack)
Los Angeles: Atlas Down Under — Surely when Jesus heaved the boulder away from the cave, he can’t have been wearing much. The boys at Atlas have a special way of marking the occasion–by stripping down to their skivvies and dancing the night away. Call it a cultural interpretation if you will. This meat market will be overseen by DJ Joe Gauthreaux, and is also an official pre-party for White Party Palm Springs. (Photo by WeHo Party)
Palm Springs: Dinah Shore Weekend — Highlights of this year’s lady love fest include performances by Ke$ha and Salt ‘N Pepa, both brought to you by the sexy chicas of The Dinah. Relax into that desert sun and grab a drink or seven as you observe Easter the way it was meant to be celebrated–poolside. (Photo by The Dinah)
Montreal: Bal en Blanc — Montreal has a White Party of its own during Easter weekend, attracting a huge mixed crowd to a string of events culminating with the massive Bal en Blanc rave. Gay, straight and everything in between dress in all white and cast aside their differences for some goodhearted hedonism. (Photo by Productions Playground)
Houston: Jungle — Venture into the Jungle and you’ll find more than Easter eggs hiding in unlikely places. The weekend is packed with hot dance parties, with well-known circuit DJs Tony Moran and Roland Belmares leading the way. (Photo by Jungle Houston)