- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Photos gay travel San Francisco GayCities Chicago Pride Fire Island Miami travel London Theater New York New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas party haus Marriage Equality pride haus Washington DC
Gay Easter party roundup: what’s in your basket?
Mar 19, 2010
The connection between Easter and brunch goes back ages. What better way to commemorate Jesus’ resurrection than by conquering a hangover and bouncing back to life in time for a 2pm breakfast? The Christians got it right this time. To keep your Easter bunny hopping, we’ve lined up some special events you won’t want to miss. Just be sure to roll out of bed the next day.
San Francisco: Tranny Shack Reno — For its total change of pace, Trannyshack Reno gets our pick for Easter event of the weekend. Starting in SF, a bus full of drag queens (you can be one of them!) hits the road for Reno, Nevada. After causing a substantial scene the group heads to the Trannyshack show at Ten99 Club. On Easter Sunday, heads will turn again as the gang does a round of casino buffets. (Photo by Trannyshack)
Los Angeles: Atlas Down Under — Surely when Jesus heaved the boulder away from the cave, he can’t have been wearing much. The boys at Atlas have a special way of marking the occasion–by stripping down to their skivvies and dancing the night away. Call it a cultural interpretation if you will. This meat market will be overseen by DJ Joe Gauthreaux, and is also an official pre-party for White Party Palm Springs. (Photo by WeHo Party)
Palm Springs: Dinah Shore Weekend — Highlights of this year’s lady love fest include performances by Ke$ha and Salt ‘N Pepa, both brought to you by the sexy chicas of The Dinah. Relax into that desert sun and grab a drink or seven as you observe Easter the way it was meant to be celebrated–poolside. (Photo by The Dinah)
Montreal: Bal en Blanc — Montreal has a White Party of its own during Easter weekend, attracting a huge mixed crowd to a string of events culminating with the massive Bal en Blanc rave. Gay, straight and everything in between dress in all white and cast aside their differences for some goodhearted hedonism. (Photo by Productions Playground)
Houston: Jungle — Venture into the Jungle and you’ll find more than Easter eggs hiding in unlikely places. The weekend is packed with hot dance parties, with well-known circuit DJs Tony Moran and Roland Belmares leading the way. (Photo by Jungle Houston)