- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel pride haus party haus GayCities Chicago Photos San Francisco gay travel Fire Island New York Pride Theater Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Miami Los Angeles Marriage Equality London Las Vegas New York City
Gay Easter party roundup: what’s in your basket?
Mar 19, 2010
The connection between Easter and brunch goes back ages. What better way to commemorate Jesus’ resurrection than by conquering a hangover and bouncing back to life in time for a 2pm breakfast? The Christians got it right this time. To keep your Easter bunny hopping, we’ve lined up some special events you won’t want to miss. Just be sure to roll out of bed the next day.
San Francisco: Tranny Shack Reno — For its total change of pace, Trannyshack Reno gets our pick for Easter event of the weekend. Starting in SF, a bus full of drag queens (you can be one of them!) hits the road for Reno, Nevada. After causing a substantial scene the group heads to the Trannyshack show at Ten99 Club. On Easter Sunday, heads will turn again as the gang does a round of casino buffets. (Photo by Trannyshack)
Los Angeles: Atlas Down Under — Surely when Jesus heaved the boulder away from the cave, he can’t have been wearing much. The boys at Atlas have a special way of marking the occasion–by stripping down to their skivvies and dancing the night away. Call it a cultural interpretation if you will. This meat market will be overseen by DJ Joe Gauthreaux, and is also an official pre-party for White Party Palm Springs. (Photo by WeHo Party)
Palm Springs: Dinah Shore Weekend — Highlights of this year’s lady love fest include performances by Ke$ha and Salt ‘N Pepa, both brought to you by the sexy chicas of The Dinah. Relax into that desert sun and grab a drink or seven as you observe Easter the way it was meant to be celebrated–poolside. (Photo by The Dinah)
Montreal: Bal en Blanc — Montreal has a White Party of its own during Easter weekend, attracting a huge mixed crowd to a string of events culminating with the massive Bal en Blanc rave. Gay, straight and everything in between dress in all white and cast aside their differences for some goodhearted hedonism. (Photo by Productions Playground)
Houston: Jungle — Venture into the Jungle and you’ll find more than Easter eggs hiding in unlikely places. The weekend is packed with hot dance parties, with well-known circuit DJs Tony Moran and Roland Belmares leading the way. (Photo by Jungle Houston)