- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York pride haus travel London Washington DC gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes Theater party haus Las Vegas GayCities Miami Pride Chicago Fire Island San Francisco Marriage Equality Los Angeles New York City Photos
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s An Open Canvas For Art And Absolut
Aug 27, 2013 by Gabe Cooper
Saturday night marked the beginning of a transformation in San Francisco‘s NOPA neighborhood as artists took the street and locals took the bar. Not only did the seemingly mythical nuevo mexicano restaurant/bar La Urbana finally open its puertas, but the entire street began undergoing transformation by 12 local artists on a night of dancing, food and unlimited cocktails.
It was all a part of Open Canvas, a weeklong event series which aims to inspire artistic disruption along the Divisadero street block. We teamed up with our friends at Absolut and SnapYourself to capture all the artistic expression of the Open Canvas kick-off party held at La Urbana.
Are you ready for your artistic moment? We’re also hosting the closing night party on Saturday, August 31. RSVP to the climax of artistic takeover if you’re in San Francisco this weekend, and be sure to check out of all of the photos from last weekend’s Open Canvas opening party in the exclusive GayCities Gallery.