- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Photos GayCities travel Jeffrey James Keyes New York San Francisco Marriage Equality Fire Island benefit haus Pride Theater New York City Los Angeles pride haus party haus Chicago Miami Washington DC London
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s An Open Canvas For Art And Absolut
Aug 27, 2013
Saturday night marked the beginning of a transformation in San Francisco‘s NOPA neighborhood as artists took the street and locals took the bar. Not only did the seemingly mythical nuevo mexicano restaurant/bar La Urbana finally open its puertas, but the entire street began undergoing transformation by 12 local artists on a night of dancing, food and unlimited cocktails.
It was all a part of Open Canvas, a weeklong event series which aims to inspire artistic disruption along the Divisadero street block. We teamed up with our friends at Absolut and SnapYourself to capture all the artistic expression of the Open Canvas kick-off party held at La Urbana.
Are you ready for your artistic moment? We’re also hosting the closing night party on Saturday, August 31. RSVP to the climax of artistic takeover if you’re in San Francisco this weekend, and be sure to check out of all of the photos from last weekend’s Open Canvas opening party in the exclusive GayCities Gallery.