- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC benefit haus Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island party haus travel San Francisco Photos Pride Marriage Equality Theater GayCities London Miami pride haus New York Los Angeles Chicago New York City
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s An Open Canvas For Art And Absolut
Aug 27, 2013
Saturday night marked the beginning of a transformation in San Francisco‘s NOPA neighborhood as artists took the street and locals took the bar. Not only did the seemingly mythical nuevo mexicano restaurant/bar La Urbana finally open its puertas, but the entire street began undergoing transformation by 12 local artists on a night of dancing, food and unlimited cocktails.
It was all a part of Open Canvas, a weeklong event series which aims to inspire artistic disruption along the Divisadero street block. We teamed up with our friends at Absolut and SnapYourself to capture all the artistic expression of the Open Canvas kick-off party held at La Urbana.
Are you ready for your artistic moment? We’re also hosting the closing night party on Saturday, August 31. RSVP to the climax of artistic takeover if you’re in San Francisco this weekend, and be sure to check out of all of the photos from last weekend’s Open Canvas opening party in the exclusive GayCities Gallery.