- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Marriage Equality New York travel London Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco pride haus GayCities benefit haus Fire Island Chicago New York City Washington DC Los Angeles Las Vegas party haus Theater Photos Pride
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s An Open Canvas For Art And Absolut
Aug 27, 2013
Saturday night marked the beginning of a transformation in San Francisco‘s NOPA neighborhood as artists took the street and locals took the bar. Not only did the seemingly mythical nuevo mexicano restaurant/bar La Urbana finally open its puertas, but the entire street began undergoing transformation by 12 local artists on a night of dancing, food and unlimited cocktails.
It was all a part of Open Canvas, a weeklong event series which aims to inspire artistic disruption along the Divisadero street block. We teamed up with our friends at Absolut and SnapYourself to capture all the artistic expression of the Open Canvas kick-off party held at La Urbana.
Are you ready for your artistic moment? We’re also hosting the closing night party on Saturday, August 31. RSVP to the climax of artistic takeover if you’re in San Francisco this weekend, and be sure to check out of all of the photos from last weekend’s Open Canvas opening party in the exclusive GayCities Gallery.