- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
- PHOTOS: Atomic Bombshells Blow up the Stage
- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride San Francisco gay travel New York Photos Fire Island Washington DC London Los Angeles travel Miami Las Vegas Theater Chicago New York City pride haus GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s An Open Canvas For Art And Absolut
Aug 27, 2013
Saturday night marked the beginning of a transformation in San Francisco‘s NOPA neighborhood as artists took the street and locals took the bar. Not only did the seemingly mythical nuevo mexicano restaurant/bar La Urbana finally open its puertas, but the entire street began undergoing transformation by 12 local artists on a night of dancing, food and unlimited cocktails.
It was all a part of Open Canvas, a weeklong event series which aims to inspire artistic disruption along the Divisadero street block. We teamed up with our friends at Absolut and SnapYourself to capture all the artistic expression of the Open Canvas kick-off party held at La Urbana.
Are you ready for your artistic moment? We’re also hosting the closing night party on Saturday, August 31. RSVP to the climax of artistic takeover if you’re in San Francisco this weekend, and be sure to check out of all of the photos from last weekend’s Open Canvas opening party in the exclusive GayCities Gallery.