- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Pride party haus Las Vegas Washington DC pride haus Chicago gay travel Los Angeles San Francisco GayCities Theater New York London Jeffrey James Keyes New York City travel Fire Island Photos Miami
PHOTOS: Jinkx Monsoon, Roxxxy Andrews, Alaska, and the Queens of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” Celebrate Season 5 at XL Nightclub
May 07, 2013
Jinkx Monsoon & Ivy Winters
PHOTOS: Jinkx Monsoon was crowned winner of season five of RuPaul’s Drag Race in front of a crowd of thousands of fans at New York City’s XL Nightclub on Monday, May 6. Competition was fierce this season, with Roxxxy Andrews and Alaska coming neck and neck with Monsoon. Celebrity Drag Race judge Michelle Visage and local favorite Bianca del Rio were the rapid fire (and wickedly funny) hostesses for the evening, introducing all of the contestants from season five: Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska, Roxxxy Andrews, Detox, Coco Montrese, Alyssa Edwards, Ivy Winters, Jade Jolie, Lineysha Sparx, Honey Mahogany, Vivienne Pinay, Monica Beverly Hillz, Serena ChaCha, and Penny Tration. The crowd erupted when hometown gal, Ivy Winters nabbed the Miss Congeniality honor, and cheered Jinkx to the stage when Miss Sharon Needles crowned her America’s Next Drag Superstar.
Photography by Jeffrey James Keyes
Antonio Estrada, Lineysha Sparx, Jesus Estrada
Honey Mahogany, Roxxxy Andrews, Monica Beverly Hillz
Michelle Visage and the Absolut OUTrageous Boys
Coco Montrese and Amanda Lepore
Shangela and Erin O’Keefe
Maddelynn Hatter & Pusse Couture
Dallas Dubois & Monica Beverly Hillz
Louie G & Andrew Werner