- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island pride haus Las Vegas Miami Photos London travel New York Marriage Equality San Francisco Pride party haus GayCities gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Washington DC Theater Chicago Los Angeles
PHOTOS: Jinkx Monsoon, Roxxxy Andrews, Alaska, and the Queens of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” Celebrate Season 5 at XL Nightclub
May 07, 2013
Jinkx Monsoon & Ivy Winters
PHOTOS: Jinkx Monsoon was crowned winner of season five of RuPaul’s Drag Race in front of a crowd of thousands of fans at New York City’s XL Nightclub on Monday, May 6. Competition was fierce this season, with Roxxxy Andrews and Alaska coming neck and neck with Monsoon. Celebrity Drag Race judge Michelle Visage and local favorite Bianca del Rio were the rapid fire (and wickedly funny) hostesses for the evening, introducing all of the contestants from season five: Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska, Roxxxy Andrews, Detox, Coco Montrese, Alyssa Edwards, Ivy Winters, Jade Jolie, Lineysha Sparx, Honey Mahogany, Vivienne Pinay, Monica Beverly Hillz, Serena ChaCha, and Penny Tration. The crowd erupted when hometown gal, Ivy Winters nabbed the Miss Congeniality honor, and cheered Jinkx to the stage when Miss Sharon Needles crowned her America’s Next Drag Superstar.
Photography by Jeffrey James Keyes
Antonio Estrada, Lineysha Sparx, Jesus Estrada
Honey Mahogany, Roxxxy Andrews, Monica Beverly Hillz
Michelle Visage and the Absolut OUTrageous Boys
Coco Montrese and Amanda Lepore
Shangela and Erin O’Keefe
Maddelynn Hatter & Pusse Couture
Dallas Dubois & Monica Beverly Hillz
Louie G & Andrew Werner