- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Photos Marriage Equality pride haus benefit haus Pride Theater New York City Los Angeles Las Vegas Washington DC New York San Francisco Miami London Chicago party haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island
PHOTOS: Sharon Needles, Max Ryder And More At The Black Party Expo In New York
Mar 24, 2013
PHOTOS: Twas the night before the Black Party, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring—because they were all at New York City‘s Roseland Ballroom for the Black Party Expo, a convention of kinky couture, S&M demonstrations and an intro into the debauched weekend.
Leather boys, porn stars and drag queens came out of hibernation for a naughty precursor to one of the most scandalous parties on the gay calendar. Guests got a closer look at the vendors, entertainers, performers, artists and nocturnal celebrities that go bump in the night. Max Ryder, Vita Gallo, Adam Killian and other studs from CockyBoys, Raging Stallion and Lucas Entrtainment mingled with fans and fanatics while exquisite queens like Sharon Needles, Maddelynn Hatter, and Epiphany Get Paid set the drag bar high. By the time the Hookies started, we were able to catch up with Sharon, Robin Byrd, Michael Musto and the cast of Rent Boy the Musical.
Check back for more Black Party Weekend coverage.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes