- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes London Fire Island party haus Las Vegas travel GayCities San Francisco Washington DC New York gay travel Marriage Equality Pride Miami New York City Chicago Los Angeles Photos pride haus Theater
PHOTOS: Little Black Dresses Take Over Sydney Mardi Gras
Feb 25, 2013
PHOTOS: Not even a huge downpour could dampen Sydney Frontrunners’ annual Mardi Gras Little Black Dress Run, held on February 23 in Centennial Park. Runners decked out in their favorite LBD—led by fabulous Aussie drag queen Joyce Maynge and New South Wales Legislator Alex Greenwich—raised over $46,000 for Camp Goodtime. A project of Sydney Children’s Hospital, Camp Goodtime brings together over 60 kids with HIV from all over Australia, providing social, emotional and educational support for them and their families.
For more Down Under fun, check out GayCities’ Sydney Mardi Gras event guide.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography
Joyce Maynge, Alex Greenwich cut the “little black ribbon” to start the run
Politician Sandwich anyone?