- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 U.K. Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Photos pride haus gay travel San Francisco Theater New York City Miami Pride Marriage Equality GayCities London Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes New York Washington DC travel party haus Los Angeles Las Vegas
PHOTOS: Little Black Dresses Take Over Sydney Mardi Gras
Feb 25, 2013 by GayCities
PHOTOS: Not even a huge downpour could dampen Sydney Frontrunners’ annual Mardi Gras Little Black Dress Run, held on February 23 in Centennial Park. Runners decked out in their favorite LBD—led by fabulous Aussie drag queen Joyce Maynge and New South Wales Legislator Alex Greenwich—raised over $46,000 for Camp Goodtime. A project of Sydney Children’s Hospital, Camp Goodtime brings together over 60 kids with HIV from all over Australia, providing social, emotional and educational support for them and their families.
For more Down Under fun, check out GayCities’ Sydney Mardi Gras event guide.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography
Joyce Maynge, Alex Greenwich cut the “little black ribbon” to start the run
Politician Sandwich anyone?