- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- PHOTOS: Check Out The Winning Pride Photo In The GayCities Challenge
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles benefit haus Fire Island Pride Theater GayCities London Photos New York Chicago Las Vegas party haus pride haus travel Washington DC Marriage Equality Miami San Francisco New York City Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: Little Black Dresses Take Over Sydney Mardi Gras
Feb 25, 2013 by GayCities
PHOTOS: Not even a huge downpour could dampen Sydney Frontrunners’ annual Mardi Gras Little Black Dress Run, held on February 23 in Centennial Park. Runners decked out in their favorite LBD—led by fabulous Aussie drag queen Joyce Maynge and New South Wales Legislator Alex Greenwich—raised over $46,000 for Camp Goodtime. A project of Sydney Children’s Hospital, Camp Goodtime brings together over 60 kids with HIV from all over Australia, providing social, emotional and educational support for them and their families.
For more Down Under fun, check out GayCities’ Sydney Mardi Gras event guide.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography
Joyce Maynge, Alex Greenwich cut the “little black ribbon” to start the run
Politician Sandwich anyone?