- Keith Haring’s greatest masterpiece is hidden in an old men’s bathroom in NYC
- Bikers pedal across the globe in their birthday suits for the 13th annual World Naked Bike Ride
- Pizza, martinis and puppies: the insider’s guide to Chicago’s International Mr. Leather
- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York New York City Photos London Las Vegas party haus San Francisco gay travel Theater Pride Los Angeles Fire Island GayCities Washington DC Miami Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus travel Chicago Marriage Equality
Anderson Cooper To Be Honored At 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
Feb 21, 2013
Award-winning journalist and noted silver fox Anderson Cooper will be honored with the Vito Russo Award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York on March 16.
The Vito Russo Award, named after the legendary HIV/AIDS activist and GLAAD co-founder, is presented to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality. Previous honorees include Ricky Martin, Rosie O’Donnell and Elton John.
“By sharing his own experiences as a gay man, Anderson has reminded millions of Americans that LGBT people are part of their everyday lives and an integral part of our cultural fabric,” said GLAAD President Herndon Graddick. “He continues to raise the bar and set a new standard for journalists everywhere, and I’m proud to call him a friend.”
Cooper has received seven GLAAD Media Award nominations, and snatched three trophies, for his advocacy and coverage of the LGBT community, which includes a wide range of subjects from bullying of LGBT youth to families supporting their transgender children and the dangers of “ex-gay conversion therapy.”
Good Morning America anchors Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott, and newlywed Sam Champion will host the GLAAD Media Awards next month at the New York Marriott Marquis.
Elliott got emotional at last year’s ceremony when he talked about his gay dad, video of which can be seen below.
Additional ceremonies will be held in Los Angeles on April 20 at the JW Marriott; and in San Francisco on May 11 at the Hilton San Francisco – Union Square. Special honorees for each city will be announced in the coming weeks. For tickets and a full list of nominees, click here.