- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater pride haus party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Photos Pride Washington DC Chicago benefit haus Fire Island New York Marriage Equality London travel Los Angeles GayCities New York City Miami San Francisco
Anderson Cooper To Be Honored At 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
Feb 21, 2013
Award-winning journalist and noted silver fox Anderson Cooper will be honored with the Vito Russo Award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York on March 16.
The Vito Russo Award, named after the legendary HIV/AIDS activist and GLAAD co-founder, is presented to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality. Previous honorees include Ricky Martin, Rosie O’Donnell and Elton John.
“By sharing his own experiences as a gay man, Anderson has reminded millions of Americans that LGBT people are part of their everyday lives and an integral part of our cultural fabric,” said GLAAD President Herndon Graddick. “He continues to raise the bar and set a new standard for journalists everywhere, and I’m proud to call him a friend.”
Cooper has received seven GLAAD Media Award nominations, and snatched three trophies, for his advocacy and coverage of the LGBT community, which includes a wide range of subjects from bullying of LGBT youth to families supporting their transgender children and the dangers of “ex-gay conversion therapy.”
Good Morning America anchors Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott, and newlywed Sam Champion will host the GLAAD Media Awards next month at the New York Marriott Marquis.
Elliott got emotional at last year’s ceremony when he talked about his gay dad, video of which can be seen below.
Additional ceremonies will be held in Los Angeles on April 20 at the JW Marriott; and in San Francisco on May 11 at the Hilton San Francisco – Union Square. Special honorees for each city will be announced in the coming weeks. For tickets and a full list of nominees, click here.