- Art And Culture Are Alive And Well In Los Angeles
- Fifteen Trending Places To Visit 2015
- Photo Exhibit Celebrates Art & AIDS: Amor y Pasión
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- Need To Get Away From Los Angeles? If You Must, Here Are Some Ideas
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Los Angeles New York GayCities Chicago party haus Theater travel Las Vegas Miami New York City benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Fire Island London Marriage Equality Photos Washington DC Pride
Anderson Cooper To Be Honored At 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards
Feb 21, 2013
Award-winning journalist and noted silver fox Anderson Cooper will be honored with the Vito Russo Award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York on March 16.
The Vito Russo Award, named after the legendary HIV/AIDS activist and GLAAD co-founder, is presented to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality. Previous honorees include Ricky Martin, Rosie O’Donnell and Elton John.
“By sharing his own experiences as a gay man, Anderson has reminded millions of Americans that LGBT people are part of their everyday lives and an integral part of our cultural fabric,” said GLAAD President Herndon Graddick. “He continues to raise the bar and set a new standard for journalists everywhere, and I’m proud to call him a friend.”
Cooper has received seven GLAAD Media Award nominations, and snatched three trophies, for his advocacy and coverage of the LGBT community, which includes a wide range of subjects from bullying of LGBT youth to families supporting their transgender children and the dangers of “ex-gay conversion therapy.”
Good Morning America anchors Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott, and newlywed Sam Champion will host the GLAAD Media Awards next month at the New York Marriott Marquis.
Elliott got emotional at last year’s ceremony when he talked about his gay dad, video of which can be seen below.
Additional ceremonies will be held in Los Angeles on April 20 at the JW Marriott; and in San Francisco on May 11 at the Hilton San Francisco – Union Square. Special honorees for each city will be announced in the coming weeks. For tickets and a full list of nominees, click here.