- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Fire Island Chicago Los Angeles San Francisco Miami London Photos travel GayCities New York Washington DC Las Vegas party haus Theater Marriage Equality benefit haus Pride
Carrie Fisher A Hot Mess On RSVP Cruise To Caribbean
Feb 21, 2013
A Queerty tipster sent us some dish we thought we’d share: Last week, author/screenwriter/Star Wars princess Carrie Fisher was the super-secret headline on a RSVP Cruise of the Caribbean. The queens on board the Holland America Eurodam were gagging—until Fisher actually came out on the main stage Saturday night, “trashed and incoherent.”
Was Fisher relapsing or just getting her sea legs?
Here’s more from our insider:
Some gays started seeing her act weird earlier in Half Moon Bay—swimming with all her clothes on.
Carrie showed up to her 8:30pm show trashed and incoherent. Her dog joins her on the stage—only to take two shits. As audience members began to leave, she started chasing them out of the auditorium. They shut down the remainder of the show and cancelled her 10:30pm show.
Obviously the gays love the drama—it was the only time you saw anyone spend the $16-per-minute on Internet service to tell their friends back home.
A commenter on CruiseCritic.com suggests Fisher, who has been open about her struggle with bipolar disorder, might have been having a manic episode: “Please be understanding with Carrie. She was not under any influence… Those of us who know people with the same situation knew right away what was happening. She was in one of those highs and it can appear to be other causes.”
Whatever the culprit was, we got nothing but love for Fisher and hope she’s back on track.