- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
- 5 Ways You Made GayCities The Most Popular LGBTQ Travel Site
- The Sexiest WeHo Lounge May Actually Be Restoration Hardware
- A ‘Showgirls’ Obsession, The Luxor, And A Great Gay Pool Party
- This Year’s Gay Days Weekend At Disney Will Be The Most Thrilling Yet
- PHOTOS: See Why Fubar’s “BFD” Party Thrives After 13 Consecutive Years
- Your Guide To The Debauchery Otherwise Know As Folsom Street Fair, 2015
- PHOTOS: Cute Club Goers Get Freaky In Frankfurt
- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Washington DC New York City Fire Island Las Vegas Miami pride haus Marriage Equality Los Angeles benefit haus Pride New York London Photos party haus travel Chicago Theater San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: Boylesque Fever Grips Seattle And New York
Feb 22, 2013
PHOTOS: We’ve been charting the rise of boylesque—the male faction of the neo-burlesque movement—for some time. We even sent an intrepid reporter to take boylesque classes from New York striptease god Go-Go Harder.
Now it appears what was once a tickle has become full-on boylesque fever, with striptease shows popping up on both coasts in the coming months.
On March 1, the biannual Boys! Bois! Boyz! hits the Oddfellows Building on Seattle’s Capitol Hill, where Chicago’s Jett Adore graces the stage. The “the no-pants romancer” is joined by Sir Eddie Van Glam, EmpeRoar Fabulous, Fosse Jack, Trojan and Paris Original, Black and Tan, Man Johnson and genderfuck boylesquer Daddy Le Deviant.
That same night, thousands of miles away, the Show Ponies ride into Gotham with their new show, Wham! Bam! Thank You, Man!, coming to the Cutting Room. The Ponies are a super-group of NYC boylesquers, with Go-Go Harder joining up with Go-Go Gadget and Mr. Gorgeous for a night to remember.
If that doesn’t satisfy your taste for male striptease, Robin Byrd has resurrected her infamous public-access show with The Robin Byrd Show Live!, with the all-guy event on April 10 called Men4Men Live! (Don’t you just wish you lived in New York? There’s naked boy candy falling out of the sky.) Go-Go Harder (clearly the hardest working stripper in Gotham) returns with Mr. Gorgeous, cute contortionist Topher Bousquet and the cast of Rentboy: The Musical.
Clearly boylesque is turning into a serious epidemic with (God willing) no cure in sight.