- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
- PHOTOS: Atomic Bombshells Blow up the Stage
- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles Miami travel GayCities Washington DC pride haus Pride New York Fire Island Chicago Theater San Francisco London New York City party haus Photos gay travel Marriage Equality Las Vegas
PHOTOS: James Franco Moves To “Gay Town” With New Art Exhibit
Feb 11, 2013
Adding yet another queer feather to his cap, James Franco is debuting “Gay Town” a new solo art show of painting, video, drawing, film, sculpture and photography in Berlin. Coinciding with the Berlin Film Festival, the exhibit is being housed in a temporary project space run on the historic Karl- Marx-Allee through March 9.
From the by Peres Projects exhibit release:
GAY TOWN explores a variety of themes that are central to Franco’s artistic practice, mainly issues related to adolescence, public and private persona, stereotypes and other societal concerns such as society’s preoccupation with celebrity.
Franco created most of the works for GAY TOWN over the past two years, making many of the works in hotel rooms, makeshift studios and other temporary locations whilst completing other projects, mainly motion pictures. Franco makes reference to several of his motion picture work and related projects in parts of the installations and other works on view in GAY TOWN.
References his motion-picture work? Franco may be an artiste, but he’s also a canny marketer.
h/t: OMG Blog