- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon Miami Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel Marriage Equality Photos Los Angeles New York pride haus GayCities Chicago San Francisco New York City Las Vegas Theater Washington DC party haus travel Pride
PHOTOS: James Franco Moves To “Gay Town” With New Art Exhibit
Feb 11, 2013
Adding yet another queer feather to his cap, James Franco is debuting “Gay Town” a new solo art show of painting, video, drawing, film, sculpture and photography in Berlin. Coinciding with the Berlin Film Festival, the exhibit is being housed in a temporary project space run on the historic Karl- Marx-Allee through March 9.
From the by Peres Projects exhibit release:
GAY TOWN explores a variety of themes that are central to Franco’s artistic practice, mainly issues related to adolescence, public and private persona, stereotypes and other societal concerns such as society’s preoccupation with celebrity.
Franco created most of the works for GAY TOWN over the past two years, making many of the works in hotel rooms, makeshift studios and other temporary locations whilst completing other projects, mainly motion pictures. Franco makes reference to several of his motion picture work and related projects in parts of the installations and other works on view in GAY TOWN.
References his motion-picture work? Franco may be an artiste, but he’s also a canny marketer.
h/t: OMG Blog