- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Photos Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Marriage Equality New York City Pride Fire Island pride haus London travel Los Angeles GayCities party haus New York Las Vegas Washington DC Chicago benefit haus Miami
PHOTOS: James Franco Moves To “Gay Town” With New Art Exhibit
Feb 11, 2013
Adding yet another queer feather to his cap, James Franco is debuting “Gay Town” a new solo art show of painting, video, drawing, film, sculpture and photography in Berlin. Coinciding with the Berlin Film Festival, the exhibit is being housed in a temporary project space run on the historic Karl- Marx-Allee through March 9.
From the by Peres Projects exhibit release:
GAY TOWN explores a variety of themes that are central to Franco’s artistic practice, mainly issues related to adolescence, public and private persona, stereotypes and other societal concerns such as society’s preoccupation with celebrity.
Franco created most of the works for GAY TOWN over the past two years, making many of the works in hotel rooms, makeshift studios and other temporary locations whilst completing other projects, mainly motion pictures. Franco makes reference to several of his motion picture work and related projects in parts of the installations and other works on view in GAY TOWN.
References his motion-picture work? Franco may be an artiste, but he’s also a canny marketer.
h/t: OMG Blog