- PHOTOS: Looking’s Frankie Alvarez Helps Raise Funds For LGBT Elders
- 11 Incredible Out Adventures To Experience Before You Die
- French Politicians Are Freaked Over Tabloid Outing Of Gay VP
- The Golden Girls Xmas Drag Show Is All Sorts Of Holiday Magic
- Vote For The 2014 Best Of GayCities And Win A Free Trip For Two
- The Ultimate San Francisco Xmas List
- A Handy Glossary Of Gay Terms For The Well-Meaning Hetty
- 8 Events To Titilate Your Christmas Spirit
- Win A New Year’s Vacation To San Francisco
- World AIDS Day Events Near You
- 30 Things Every Gay Man Must Do Before Turning 30
- PHOTOS: Sexy Crowd Turns It Up For Change At HRC Bash
- PHOTOS: Naughty Pups Get Down And Dirty At The Eagle
- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Chicago benefit haus Pride New York City pride haus Photos London New York GayCities Las Vegas Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Miami travel San Francisco Fire Island Washington DC party haus
PHOTOS: James Franco Moves To “Gay Town” With New Art Exhibit
Feb 11, 2013
Adding yet another queer feather to his cap, James Franco is debuting “Gay Town” a new solo art show of painting, video, drawing, film, sculpture and photography in Berlin. Coinciding with the Berlin Film Festival, the exhibit is being housed in a temporary project space run on the historic Karl- Marx-Allee through March 9.
From the by Peres Projects exhibit release:
GAY TOWN explores a variety of themes that are central to Franco’s artistic practice, mainly issues related to adolescence, public and private persona, stereotypes and other societal concerns such as society’s preoccupation with celebrity.
Franco created most of the works for GAY TOWN over the past two years, making many of the works in hotel rooms, makeshift studios and other temporary locations whilst completing other projects, mainly motion pictures. Franco makes reference to several of his motion picture work and related projects in parts of the installations and other works on view in GAY TOWN.
References his motion-picture work? Franco may be an artiste, but he’s also a canny marketer.
h/t: OMG Blog