- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island travel Theater Marriage Equality London party haus Los Angeles gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas pride haus Chicago Washington DC San Francisco Miami Pride New York New York City GayCities Photos
PHOTOS: Sydney’s Fair Day Kicks Off Mardi Gras Down Under
Feb 11, 2013
PHOTOS: On Sunday, Sydney’s Mardi Gras season officially kicked off with Fair Day, which saw more than 50,000 revelers gathering at Victoria Park. On the main stage performers like Heather Peace and Florian Korty entertained the crowd, while the Doggywood event saw pooches dolled up in their Sunday best, and vendors and community groups drew festivalgoers to their booths. Even a little afternoon rain didn’t mar the otherwise sunny and celebratory day.
The festivities continue through February, followed by the main Sydney Mardi Gras Parade on March 2.
Going Down Under? Check out GayCities’ events guide to Sydney Mardi Gras.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography, Scott Gatz.
Florian Korty, An Aussie Affair