- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Chicago Miami Photos Theater Marriage Equality New York City London New York Fire Island Washington DC Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities San Francisco Los Angeles gay travel pride haus travel Pride
PHOTOS: Sydney’s Fair Day Kicks Off Mardi Gras Down Under
Feb 11, 2013 by GayCities
PHOTOS: On Sunday, Sydney’s Mardi Gras season officially kicked off with Fair Day, which saw more than 50,000 revelers gathering at Victoria Park. On the main stage performers like Heather Peace and Florian Korty entertained the crowd, while the Doggywood event saw pooches dolled up in their Sunday best, and vendors and community groups drew festivalgoers to their booths. Even a little afternoon rain didn’t mar the otherwise sunny and celebratory day.
The festivities continue through February, followed by the main Sydney Mardi Gras Parade on March 2.
Going Down Under? Check out GayCities’ events guide to Sydney Mardi Gras.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography, Scott Gatz.
Florian Korty, An Aussie Affair