- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Pride Las Vegas Theater San Francisco Chicago pride haus travel party haus Photos New York City gay travel London Marriage Equality GayCities Los Angeles Fire Island Miami New York
PHOTOS: Sydney’s Fair Day Kicks Off Mardi Gras Down Under
Feb 11, 2013
PHOTOS: On Sunday, Sydney’s Mardi Gras season officially kicked off with Fair Day, which saw more than 50,000 revelers gathering at Victoria Park. On the main stage performers like Heather Peace and Florian Korty entertained the crowd, while the Doggywood event saw pooches dolled up in their Sunday best, and vendors and community groups drew festivalgoers to their booths. Even a little afternoon rain didn’t mar the otherwise sunny and celebratory day.
The festivities continue through February, followed by the main Sydney Mardi Gras Parade on March 2.
Going Down Under? Check out GayCities’ events guide to Sydney Mardi Gras.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography, Scott Gatz.
Florian Korty, An Aussie Affair