- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Washington DC New York City Fire Island Chicago Photos Los Angeles San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Pride London New York Marriage Equality gay travel pride haus Las Vegas Miami Theater GayCities
PHOTOS: Sydney’s Fair Day Kicks Off Mardi Gras Down Under
Feb 11, 2013 by GayCities
PHOTOS: On Sunday, Sydney’s Mardi Gras season officially kicked off with Fair Day, which saw more than 50,000 revelers gathering at Victoria Park. On the main stage performers like Heather Peace and Florian Korty entertained the crowd, while the Doggywood event saw pooches dolled up in their Sunday best, and vendors and community groups drew festivalgoers to their booths. Even a little afternoon rain didn’t mar the otherwise sunny and celebratory day.
The festivities continue through February, followed by the main Sydney Mardi Gras Parade on March 2.
Going Down Under? Check out GayCities’ events guide to Sydney Mardi Gras.
Photos: Rod Spark Photography, Scott Gatz.
Florian Korty, An Aussie Affair