- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Los Angeles London Theater Jeffrey James Keyes travel New York San Francisco Fire Island benefit haus Miami Marriage Equality Washington DC Las Vegas GayCities Pride Chicago Photos New York City party haus
REPORT: Essex Named Gay-Cruising Capital Of The UK
Jan 10, 2013
The county of Essex has been crowned the “Randiest Place in Britain” by TheGayUK, which examined page-view numbers on all its cruising pages. Made famous by the UK version of Jersey Shore, The Only Way Is Essex—the town was followed by Surrey, Cumbria and Glasgow in second, fifth and tenth place, respectively.
TheGayUK is a nonprofit site providing businesses, accommodations and other listings for Britain’s LGBT community.
According to the anti-violence group Galop, the UK doesn’t outlawing public sex, per se: ‘There is no law specifically prohibiting cruising, and sex in public places is not illegal as long as other people who might be offended cannot see you and are unaware that you are having sex,” the group said in a statement. “Police guidelines advise that the police should only respond to complaints from the public and should not mount proactive operations designed to catch people cruising.”
We’re curious to visit Essex—but we’ll keep our sex indoors, thanks.