- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
- PHOTOS: Minimal Effort, Maximum Exposure Costumes
- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- 10 Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 UK Gay DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas London Los Angeles New York New York City Chicago Miami Photos Fire Island Marriage Equality party haus gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus travel GayCities Theater Pride Washington DC San Francisco
REPORT: Essex Named Gay-Cruising Capital Of The UK
Jan 10, 2013 by GayCities
The county of Essex has been crowned the “Randiest Place in Britain” by TheGayUK, which examined page-view numbers on all its cruising pages. Made famous by the UK version of Jersey Shore, The Only Way Is Essex—the town was followed by Surrey, Cumbria and Glasgow in second, fifth and tenth place, respectively.
TheGayUK is a nonprofit site providing businesses, accommodations and other listings for Britain’s LGBT community.
According to the anti-violence group Galop, the UK doesn’t outlawing public sex, per se: ‘There is no law specifically prohibiting cruising, and sex in public places is not illegal as long as other people who might be offended cannot see you and are unaware that you are having sex,” the group said in a statement. “Police guidelines advise that the police should only respond to complaints from the public and should not mount proactive operations designed to catch people cruising.”
We’re curious to visit Essex—but we’ll keep our sex indoors, thanks.