- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
- VOTE: Stoli Guy New York Winner Matthew Has The Pipes Of A Champion
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Diego Winner Peter Stomps His Way Into Our Hearts
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Chicago pride haus Washington DC San Francisco New York Theater Las Vegas Photos New York City GayCities travel Fire Island Pride Los Angeles party haus benefit haus London
Sunny Skies: Fort Lauderdale Ups Commitment To LGBT Travel
Jan 02, 2013 by GayCities
As owner of Royal Palms Resort and Spa, Gray became the official gay liaison to the Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB in 1996, and, in 2007, the first openly gay appointee to the Broward County Tourist Development Council.
In his new role, Gray will target LGBT travelers, who now enjoy a plethora of options for international travel. “Having a full-time person for the gay market gives us an edge,” Gray said in an interview with the Sun-Sentinel. His new strategy will include attracting groups and promoting special events, such as May’s BeachBear Weekend, now in its third year.
Gray also plans to update the way Fort Lauderdale markets to gay travelers:. “Social media has definitely taken the forefront, as has guerrilla marketing,” he said. “We’re going to attend the Gay Pride Parade in New York City. We’ll have gorgeous hot guys in our beach mobile, handing out giveaways like ‘Sunny’ wrist bands.” “Sunny” is a reference to Fort Lauderdale’s official “Hello Sunny” slogan. Last October, the CVB debuted one of the world’s first nationwide tourism commercials to integrate LGBT elements.