- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Photos Theater Fire Island party haus pride haus GayCities Los Angeles New York Marriage Equality travel Miami London Chicago Washington DC Las Vegas New York City gay travel Pride San Francisco
11 Top Hangover Helpers From Funnyman Bartender Yuri Kagan
Jan 01, 2014
Comic Yuri Kagan has bartended all over the Castro, so he knows that the best cure for a hangover is actually a good joke, preferably lots of good jokes. But he also knows how to cure what ails you physically. Check out his hangover helpers, and catch him at a comedy club near you.
To cure a hangover, Yuri Kagan recommends:
1. I’ll tell you what my mamma used to say: Keep drinking—no one likes a quitter!
2. Waking up next to someone you don’t remember cures or at least delays any hangover.
3. In Ireland it was said that the cure for a hangover is to bury the ailing person up to the neck in moist river sand. If you don’t have moist river sand handy, just bury them in disappointment and guilt. (Ask any Jewish or Catholic friend how this works.)
4. Ride a bus in any major city. After five minutes of looking around, you’ll instantly feel better about yourself. This alone should kill that hangover magically by making you reach for that vodka flask you hid in your jacket pocket.
5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate—especially with a mimosa breakfast.
6. Have some overpriced, douchy coffee with a little rosette on top of it.
7. Watch OWN reruns for four hours. Then take a nap, followed by an entire pot of coffee and eating your hangover away. If the coffee doesn’t do it, you may in fact be dead inside.
8. Have a Bloody Mary–or five.
9. Look at yourself under any department-store florescent light. The horror of it all will help you come to your senses more quickly.
10. If all else fails, between cocktails chug a cups of bitters and soda. (Yes, some of these tips are just plain practical. Thank me later.). It’ll settle your stomach and help you pick up the pieces of your life.
11. Read my blog at Yurikagan.com.