- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Pride Miami travel London Los Angeles Theater New York Photos Marriage Equality San Francisco New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago GayCities Washington DC benefit haus party haus pride haus Las Vegas
Honeymoon In Rio: Sao Paolo Legalizes Gay Marriage
Dec 22, 2012
Following an earlier ruling by the Brazilian Supreme Court, Sao Paulo state judge Fernando Henrique Pinto ruled two men could convert their civil union into a legal marriage.
Henceforth, same-sex couples in Sao Paulo will be able to automatically register their marriages without the need for a court order. The ruling even extends to foreign couples, which means the South American hotspot could turn into even more of a gay-travel destination.
In October, 47 gay and lesbian couples participated in a mass commitment ceremony.