- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Photos pride haus party haus Miami Fire Island Washington DC New York San Francisco Pride GayCities travel Theater Chicago Las Vegas Los Angeles gay travel New York City Jeffrey James Keyes London
Honeymoon In Rio: Sao Paolo Legalizes Gay Marriage
Dec 22, 2012
Following an earlier ruling by the Brazilian Supreme Court, Sao Paulo state judge Fernando Henrique Pinto ruled two men could convert their civil union into a legal marriage.
Henceforth, same-sex couples in Sao Paulo will be able to automatically register their marriages without the need for a court order. The ruling even extends to foreign couples, which means the South American hotspot could turn into even more of a gay-travel destination.
In October, 47 gay and lesbian couples participated in a mass commitment ceremony.