- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Jeffrey James Keyes Photos pride haus New York City GayCities party haus New York Chicago Marriage Equality Los Angeles Las Vegas Miami benefit haus Fire Island San Francisco Pride London Washington DC Theater
War On X-Mas Heats Up As Toy Store Inverts Gender Norms
Nov 29, 2012
Swedish toymaker Leklust will undoubtedly incur the wrath of One Million Moms and other fake advocacy groups with its Christmas catalog, which depicts a boy playing with a dolly, a girl shooting a Nerf gun, among other non-conforming imagery.
It’s not he first time Leklust has bucked gender norms: In a circular from April the company depicted a girl riding a tractor and a boy pushing a baby carriage in full Spider-Man regalia. Oddly, the world didn’t come to an end.
Leklust CEO Kaj Wiberg has defended his company’s choice: “I’m 71 years old, and those of us who have worked in this industry for a while know that boys play with dollhouses,” he said in the spring. “We know that boys can play with Barbie dolls.”