- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC New York Las Vegas travel Los Angeles London Fire Island Pride pride haus benefit haus San Francisco Theater party haus Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago GayCities Photos New York City Miami
War On X-Mas Heats Up As Toy Store Inverts Gender Norms
Nov 29, 2012
Swedish toymaker Leklust will undoubtedly incur the wrath of One Million Moms and other fake advocacy groups with its Christmas catalog, which depicts a boy playing with a dolly, a girl shooting a Nerf gun, among other non-conforming imagery.
It’s not he first time Leklust has bucked gender norms: In a circular from April the company depicted a girl riding a tractor and a boy pushing a baby carriage in full Spider-Man regalia. Oddly, the world didn’t come to an end.
Leklust CEO Kaj Wiberg has defended his company’s choice: “I’m 71 years old, and those of us who have worked in this industry for a while know that boys play with dollhouses,” he said in the spring. “We know that boys can play with Barbie dolls.”