- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Las Vegas Washington DC Photos London Chicago pride haus party haus New York City travel Fire Island Marriage Equality Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Pride San Francisco benefit haus Theater GayCities New York
Homo For The Holidays: The Essential Thanksgiving Survival Kit
Nov 20, 2012 by GayCities
For many Americans, Thanksgiving means coming face-to-face with all your fears, insecurities and failures, i.e. your family. Being queer can certainly add fuel to that familial firepit, but buck up, kids! We’re here to help you get through Turkey Day with your wits—and the top button of your pants—intact. When packing for your reluctant trip home, make sure to add these essentials to ensure you return in one piece, more or less.
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like getting three sheets to the wind with your favorite spinster aunt—the one everyone says has a drinking problem, but you know just likes to have funs. Cut to dessert: Mom’s face-down in the Jell-O, dad’s yelling at the shadows on the wall and you and Auntie Maimed are crying over Downton Abbey.
The worst part about going home is missing out on all the Thanksgiving tail flooding into your gayborhood. The best part about going home? Capitalizing on all the Thanksgiving tail flooding back into your old stomping grounds.