- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Los Angeles Photos Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus GayCities London Miami Fire Island Marriage Equality Chicago Pride party haus San Francisco travel pride haus Las Vegas New York City Washington DC New York
PHOTOS: Paige Turner Crowns Queen At “So You Think You Can Drag”
Nov 20, 2012
New York drag enthusiasts flocked to New World Stages in Times Square last week for the finale of Paige Turner‘s So You Think You Can Drag, an eight-week competition that makes RuPaul’s Drag Race look like a spelling bee.
On Wednesday, Pattaya Hart, Lady Bukkake, Fifi FuBois, Trannie Oakley and Nomi Sass vied for top honors in front of a wild crowd and a judges’ panel that included Zachary Booth (Keep the Lights On), Jackie Hoffman (The New Normal) and Justin Luke (author of Gulliver Takes Five).
After two rounds of hysterical performances, Turner made some eliminations and Bukkake and Hart went head-to-head for the grand prize. After the judges deliberated, Lady Bukkake was named the winner, earning a cash prize, a professional photo shoot and her own weekly show in the Time Out New York Lounge.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
Judges Justin Luke, Jackie Hoffman and Zachary Booth
Fifi DuBois, Naomi Sass, and Tranny Oakley