- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Las Vegas Chicago party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Pride benefit haus Marriage Equality London Fire Island Los Angeles Miami Washington DC GayCities New York City San Francisco travel Theater Photos New York
PHOTOS: A Sneak Preview Of Off-Broadway’s “Bare: The Musical”
Nov 14, 2012 by GayCities
Bare, the Off-Broadway musical coming to New York’s New World Stages, is a rock musical exploring issues of identity, sexuality and religion as gay students Jason and Peter (actors Taylor Trensch and Jason Hite, above) try to maintain a clandestine romantic relationship at their Catholic boarding school.
With music by composer Damon Intrabartolo and lyricist Jon Hartmere, Bare debuted at L.A.’s Hudson Theatre more than a decade ago, and actually had a brief run in the Big Apple back in 2004. Since then it’s garnered a cult following that included Randy Taradash, Gregory Rae and Paul Boskind, who are producing the new production.
Check out Olivier-nominated director Stafford Arima and Emmy-nominated choreographer Travis Wall (So You Think You Can Dance) putting actors Jason Hite, Taylor Trensch, Elizabeth Judd, Gerard Canonico, Jerold E. Solomon, Anthony Festa, Casey Garvin, Ariana Groover, Sara Kapner, Alice Lee, Megan Lewis, Justin Gregory Lopez, Alex Wyse, Barrett Wilbert Weed, and Missi Pyle through their paces.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
Michael Tacconi, Taylor Trensch and Jason Hite
Gerard Canonico and Alice Lee
Barrett Wilbert Weed
Justin Gregory Lopez
Director Stafford Arima
Choreographer Travis Wall
Bare cast and creative team