- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride benefit haus Washington DC New York pride haus London party haus Los Angeles Marriage Equality Las Vegas Chicago Fire Island Miami Theater travel Photos New York City GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco
PHOTOS: A Sneak Preview Of Off-Broadway’s “Bare: The Musical”
Nov 14, 2012 by GayCities
Bare, the Off-Broadway musical coming to New York’s New World Stages, is a rock musical exploring issues of identity, sexuality and religion as gay students Jason and Peter (actors Taylor Trensch and Jason Hite, above) try to maintain a clandestine romantic relationship at their Catholic boarding school.
With music by composer Damon Intrabartolo and lyricist Jon Hartmere, Bare debuted at L.A.’s Hudson Theatre more than a decade ago, and actually had a brief run in the Big Apple back in 2004. Since then it’s garnered a cult following that included Randy Taradash, Gregory Rae and Paul Boskind, who are producing the new production.
Check out Olivier-nominated director Stafford Arima and Emmy-nominated choreographer Travis Wall (So You Think You Can Dance) putting actors Jason Hite, Taylor Trensch, Elizabeth Judd, Gerard Canonico, Jerold E. Solomon, Anthony Festa, Casey Garvin, Ariana Groover, Sara Kapner, Alice Lee, Megan Lewis, Justin Gregory Lopez, Alex Wyse, Barrett Wilbert Weed, and Missi Pyle through their paces.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
Michael Tacconi, Taylor Trensch and Jason Hite
Gerard Canonico and Alice Lee
Barrett Wilbert Weed
Justin Gregory Lopez
Director Stafford Arima
Choreographer Travis Wall
Bare cast and creative team