- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Jeffrey James Keyes travel gay travel Washington DC GayCities Marriage Equality New York Miami New York City Chicago Fire Island Las Vegas Los Angeles San Francisco Photos pride haus London Theater party haus
PHOTOS: A Sneak Preview Of Off-Broadway’s “Bare: The Musical”
Nov 14, 2012
Bare, the Off-Broadway musical coming to New York’s New World Stages, is a rock musical exploring issues of identity, sexuality and religion as gay students Jason and Peter (actors Taylor Trensch and Jason Hite, above) try to maintain a clandestine romantic relationship at their Catholic boarding school.
With music by composer Damon Intrabartolo and lyricist Jon Hartmere, Bare debuted at L.A.’s Hudson Theatre more than a decade ago, and actually had a brief run in the Big Apple back in 2004. Since then it’s garnered a cult following that included Randy Taradash, Gregory Rae and Paul Boskind, who are producing the new production.
Check out Olivier-nominated director Stafford Arima and Emmy-nominated choreographer Travis Wall (So You Think You Can Dance) putting actors Jason Hite, Taylor Trensch, Elizabeth Judd, Gerard Canonico, Jerold E. Solomon, Anthony Festa, Casey Garvin, Ariana Groover, Sara Kapner, Alice Lee, Megan Lewis, Justin Gregory Lopez, Alex Wyse, Barrett Wilbert Weed, and Missi Pyle through their paces.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
Michael Tacconi, Taylor Trensch and Jason Hite
Gerard Canonico and Alice Lee
Barrett Wilbert Weed
Justin Gregory Lopez
Director Stafford Arima
Choreographer Travis Wall
Bare cast and creative team