- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Chicago Fire Island Pride Marriage Equality party haus gay travel travel New York GayCities pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Los Angeles Photos Theater London Washington DC New York City Miami
PHOTO: More Than 50,000 Attend Chile’s Gay Pride Festival
Nov 12, 2012
On Saturday more than 50,000 people took part in the Open Mind Fest, the LGBT Pride celebration in Santiago, Chile. While revelers donned brightly colored outfits and proudly waved the rainbow flag, there was a somber undercurrent as participants also addressed violence and bigotry against the LGBT community. In March, a gay man was beaten to death by neo-Nazis, prompting President Sebastian Pinera to sign an anti-discrimination law in April. And while Chile does not recognize same-sex marriages, a civil-unions bill is currently before lawmakers that would bestow inheritance rights and other liberties to gay couples.