- Vote Now And Help One Of These Stoli Guy Finalists Win $10,000
- PHOTOS: Queer Pokémon Fans Stun Straight Nerds, Invade Massive PAX Convention
- The Five Kinkiest Cities In America
- Your 2014 Mr. Gay World Is A Super Hot Dance Teacher From The UK
- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Los Angeles travel Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC London Marriage Equality Las Vegas New York City New York party haus Miami GayCities Chicago Pride San Francisco benefit haus Photos Theater Fire Island
PHOTO: More Than 50,000 Attend Chile’s Gay Pride Festival
Nov 12, 2012 by GayCities
On Saturday more than 50,000 people took part in the Open Mind Fest, the LGBT Pride celebration in Santiago, Chile. While revelers donned brightly colored outfits and proudly waved the rainbow flag, there was a somber undercurrent as participants also addressed violence and bigotry against the LGBT community. In March, a gay man was beaten to death by neo-Nazis, prompting President Sebastian Pinera to sign an anti-discrimination law in April. And while Chile does not recognize same-sex marriages, a civil-unions bill is currently before lawmakers that would bestow inheritance rights and other liberties to gay couples.