- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes New York City New York Los Angeles party haus Fire Island Miami Las Vegas London San Francisco Chicago Theater Marriage Equality Washington DC Photos GayCities Pride pride haus
PHOTO: More Than 50,000 Attend Chile’s Gay Pride Festival
Nov 12, 2012
On Saturday more than 50,000 people took part in the Open Mind Fest, the LGBT Pride celebration in Santiago, Chile. While revelers donned brightly colored outfits and proudly waved the rainbow flag, there was a somber undercurrent as participants also addressed violence and bigotry against the LGBT community. In March, a gay man was beaten to death by neo-Nazis, prompting President Sebastian Pinera to sign an anti-discrimination law in April. And while Chile does not recognize same-sex marriages, a civil-unions bill is currently before lawmakers that would bestow inheritance rights and other liberties to gay couples.