- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus New York Los Angeles pride haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Theater Photos London New York City San Francisco Miami Pride Chicago Las Vegas Marriage Equality party haus Washington DC GayCities
Julie Andrews, Robin Byrd, And Two Drag Queens Walk Into A Theater…
Nov 10, 2012
The week offers something for every type of gay from theater queens to porn hounds. It’s curtain up on dames, debauchery, and drag!
International darling Dame Julie Andrews directs The Great American Mousical, based on her own children’s book, at Connecticut’s Norma Terris Theatre through December 9. With music by Zina Goldrich, lyrics by Marcy Heisler, and a book by Hunter Bell ([title of show]), the musical follows a troupe of rodent thespians who face a crisis when the Broadway theater they live under is scheduled for demolition. The delightful Emily Skinner (Side Show, The Full Monty) stars as rodent diva Adelaide.
Interestingly, the scenic and costume design is by Andrews’ first husband, the prolific Tony Walton. Giving work to an ex. Julie’s got class! [Playbill]
FEED THE BYRD
Anyone who’s lived in Manhattan should be familiar with Robin Byrd, who appeared in the original Debbie Does Dallas and has hosted her smutty late-night public access show since 1977 (!). Well, Byrd is bringing striptease and porn-star interviews to the stage with The Robin Byrd Show Live!, every Saturday night at the Cutting Room in New York starting December 1. Featuring comics, downtown celebrities, novelty acts and, duh, strippers, Byrd promises the live show, “will be like you remember watching when you were in high school—with a few new twists.”
Sexy guys and gals will be flaunting what God (or their surgeon) gave them, which means the audience will be a mix of lustful gay and straight folks drooling in unity. But since you’re not in your living room, you’ll have to keep your hands to yourself—actually, don’t!
LIFE IS A DRAG CABARET
Whoever says drag isn’t a legit form of artistic expression nevr saw Joey Arias and Sherry Vine in their legendary Bard’o days. Now the gal pals are starring in a new cabaret extravaganza, Looking Back at the Future, at Nwe York’s XL on November 23 and 24.
These dazzling dames have played on every Western Continent. If they wowed ’em in Estonia, they can wow ’em in Manhattan.