- PHOTOS: Looking’s Frankie Alvarez Helps Raise Funds For LGBT Elders
- 11 Incredible Out Adventures To Experience Before You Die
- French Politicians Are Freaked Over Tabloid Outing Of Gay VP
- The Golden Girls Xmas Drag Show Is All Sorts Of Holiday Magic
- Vote For The 2014 Best Of GayCities And Win A Free Trip For Two
- The Ultimate San Francisco Xmas List
- A Handy Glossary Of Gay Terms For The Well-Meaning Hetty
- 8 Events To Titilate Your Christmas Spirit
- Win A New Year’s Vacation To San Francisco
- World AIDS Day Events Near You
- 30 Things Every Gay Man Must Do Before Turning 30
- PHOTOS: Sexy Crowd Turns It Up For Change At HRC Bash
- PHOTOS: Naughty Pups Get Down And Dirty At The Eagle
- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami London Chicago San Francisco New York City Las Vegas Washington DC New York Marriage Equality party haus Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island benefit haus GayCities Theater pride haus Photos Pride travel
Julie Andrews, Robin Byrd, And Two Drag Queens Walk Into A Theater…
Nov 10, 2012
The week offers something for every type of gay from theater queens to porn hounds. It’s curtain up on dames, debauchery, and drag!
International darling Dame Julie Andrews directs The Great American Mousical, based on her own children’s book, at Connecticut’s Norma Terris Theatre through December 9. With music by Zina Goldrich, lyrics by Marcy Heisler, and a book by Hunter Bell ([title of show]), the musical follows a troupe of rodent thespians who face a crisis when the Broadway theater they live under is scheduled for demolition. The delightful Emily Skinner (Side Show, The Full Monty) stars as rodent diva Adelaide.
Interestingly, the scenic and costume design is by Andrews’ first husband, the prolific Tony Walton. Giving work to an ex. Julie’s got class! [Playbill]
FEED THE BYRD
Anyone who’s lived in Manhattan should be familiar with Robin Byrd, who appeared in the original Debbie Does Dallas and has hosted her smutty late-night public access show since 1977 (!). Well, Byrd is bringing striptease and porn-star interviews to the stage with The Robin Byrd Show Live!, every Saturday night at the Cutting Room in New York starting December 1. Featuring comics, downtown celebrities, novelty acts and, duh, strippers, Byrd promises the live show, “will be like you remember watching when you were in high school—with a few new twists.”
Sexy guys and gals will be flaunting what God (or their surgeon) gave them, which means the audience will be a mix of lustful gay and straight folks drooling in unity. But since you’re not in your living room, you’ll have to keep your hands to yourself—actually, don’t!
LIFE IS A DRAG CABARET
Whoever says drag isn’t a legit form of artistic expression nevr saw Joey Arias and Sherry Vine in their legendary Bard’o days. Now the gal pals are starring in a new cabaret extravaganza, Looking Back at the Future, at Nwe York’s XL on November 23 and 24.
These dazzling dames have played on every Western Continent. If they wowed ‘em in Estonia, they can wow ‘em in Manhattan.