- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSgay travel San Francisco Washington DC New York City GayCities travel Photos Jeffrey James Keyes London pride haus Fire Island Las Vegas Marriage Equality Chicago Los Angeles Theater party haus New York Miami Pride
Rugby Star, Equality Ally Ben Cohen Launches StandUp Magazine
Nov 09, 2012 by GayCities
Rugby champion and equality ally Ben Cohen is the cover model on the debut issue of StandUp Magazine, a publication furthering Cohen’s campaign to tackle bullying with positive stories about the social impact of sports.
Cohen, who is nominated for both Top Jock and Straight Crush at the 2012 Queerties, will appear at the magazine’s launch event on November 14 in Atlanta. “It is time to celebrate a return to true sportsmanship and the spirit of fairness at its core,” says the all-star athlete. “As sports role models, we have an incredible opportunity with StandUp Magazine to set an example for character in action, celebrating all sports and creating good on and off the field.”
November 14 is also StandUp Day, in memory of Cohen’s father, who was tragically killed on November 14, 2000, trying to break up a fight.