- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Fire Island New York travel Theater GayCities London Washington DC Marriage Equality party haus Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Pride benefit haus Photos San Francisco Miami Las Vegas New York City Los Angeles
Adam Lambert, Sarah McLachlan Join Cyndi Lauper For Holiday Concert Benefiting LGBT Homeless Youth
Nov 08, 2012
For the second year in a row, pop icon Cyndi Lauper will be headlining Cyndi Lauper & Friends: Home for the Holidays, a benefit concert raising awareness and funds for homeless LGBT youth.
Scheduled for December 8 at New York’s Beacon Theatre, the show includes a wide-ranging roster of talent, including Sarah McLachlan, Adam Lambert, Adam Duritz and David Immerglück of the Counting Crows, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Roberta Flack, St. Vincent, Alexis Krauss of Sleigh Bells, Hunter Valentine, Andy Cohen, Rita Coolidge, Emily West, Terri Nunn, Melanie Fiona and host Carson Kressley.
Concertgoers will also get a sneak-peek performance by the cast of Kinky Boots, the musical Lauper is helping to bring to Broadway in 2013.
“At last year’s sold out concert we got a bunch of great folks together, had a big party with some great music and raised much-needed funds to help get the word out about these young people who are struggling,” said Lauper, co-founder of the True Colors Fund. “So, this year we’re going to do it even bigger!”