- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York Marriage Equality Theater pride haus GayCities Fire Island Washington DC London Los Angeles Las Vegas Pride travel Photos party haus Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Miami benefit haus San Francisco
Caribbean Dream: Fall Deals in Curaçao
Nov 11, 2012
When everyone else in New York is dusting off their bulky fall sweaters, sipping apple cider and carving pumpkins, I’m deaming of hopping a flight to the West Indies for an off-season adventure.
Curaçao piques interest because it is an island paradise. But it doesn’t hurt that it’s offering “Curaçao Best Deals” fall promotions, which run all the way through December 15. So skip the leaves changing colors (you’re not missing that much!) and take advantage of over thirty white sand beaches, Dutch and Caribbean-inspired restaurants, high-end hotel and resorts, dive centers, dolphins, casinos and, well, fun in the sun.
Our friends at The Curaçao Tourist Board has gone above and beyond by encouraging LGBT travelers to visit the island to experience their local “live and let live” environment. Popular weekend hot spots include the Mambo and Cabana Beaches, Wet & Wild and virtually every bar and restaurant in the picturesque Kura Hulanda properties.
Why now? Andre Rojer, Curaçao’s Tourist Board Marketing Manager for North America, puts it this way: “We are making Curaçao more affordable than ever by rolling out this island celebration of best deals, to lure first time visitors and return guests to discover our beautiful and historic island. Travelers won’t have to worry about sky-high price tags for travel through the fall with our ‘Curaçao Best Deals’ discounts on stays, tours and a variety of activities and attractions across the island.”
Participating hotels include: All West Apartments and Diving, Atlantis Diving & Apartments, Avila Hotel, Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, Curaçao Plaza Hotel & Casino, Dolphin Suites Curaçao, Floris Suite Hotel, Hotel ‘t Klooster, Hyatt Regency Curaçao Golf Resort, Spa and Marina, Kunuku Aqua Resort Curaçao, La Palmeraie, Limestone Holiday Curaçao, Lions Dive & Beach Resort, Livingstone Jan Thiel Resort, Ocean Resort Condominiums, Pietermaai Smal Apartments, Princess Beach Resort & Casino, Renaissance Curaçao, Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa, Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club, Sea Horizon Apartments, Sunny Curaçao – Blue Bay Lodges, The Strand Condominiums, Veneto Casino Holiday Beach Resort, Waterside Apartments & Dive and WAVE Hotel & Café.
Interested in taking your partner diving? The island features over 65 diving sites, including an airplane wreck, Lover’s Beach, the Sponge Forest and an adorable sunken tugboat (better dust off that underwater camera!).
Dive attractions and tours participating in the fall special include: Amazonia at L’aldea & Curaçao Ostrich Farm, Atlantis Adventures Curaçao, Duikcentrum Ven de Ven, Go West Diving, Ocean Encounters Diving, Relaxed Guided Dives, WannaBike and Want2Dive Curaçao.
Beyond just the fall deals there are a whole slew of everyday specials including tours exploring the famous Hato Caves, Eric’s ATV Adventures tour of the island, snorkeling, mountain biking, gallery and museum hopping, windsurfing, kayaking and even horseback riding.
Our favorite activity on the island, of course, is kicking back on the beach with a towel-side colorful cocktail.
For more information on booking deals for your stay and dive, visit: www.curacao.com/deals