- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Fire Island Las Vegas pride haus Chicago travel London Pride Photos Marriage Equality benefit haus GayCities Washington DC New York Miami party haus San Francisco Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Theater
PHOTOS: Elias Wessel Shoots Amanda Lepore For “There Must Be More To Life”
Sep 19, 2012 by GayCities
Gay-nightlife icon Amanda Lepore is playing muse to a new photographer with the upcoming exhibit “There Must Be More to Life,” a series of oversized images by high-fashion shutterbug Elias Wessel going on view at New York’s ADC Gallery on September 20.
Taken at the hipster-haven Jane Hotel, the photos will be accompanied with videos “adding a sarcastic note, a touch of humor, a fresh regard, a question mark,” according to the press notes. “‘There Must Be More To Life’ looks with an ironic and critical eye at our permanent struggle with expectations and search for acceptance, both our own and society’s.”
An opening reception is being held on September 21, with Wessel and Lepore both in attendance, and the exhibit will run through September 23.