- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 U.K. Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas New York Fire Island New York City gay travel GayCities travel Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Photos Chicago party haus San Francisco Pride Theater Los Angeles London Miami Marriage Equality pride haus
PHOTOS: Elias Wessel Shoots Amanda Lepore For “There Must Be More To Life”
Sep 19, 2012 by GayCities
Gay-nightlife icon Amanda Lepore is playing muse to a new photographer with the upcoming exhibit “There Must Be More to Life,” a series of oversized images by high-fashion shutterbug Elias Wessel going on view at New York’s ADC Gallery on September 20.
Taken at the hipster-haven Jane Hotel, the photos will be accompanied with videos “adding a sarcastic note, a touch of humor, a fresh regard, a question mark,” according to the press notes. “‘There Must Be More To Life’ looks with an ironic and critical eye at our permanent struggle with expectations and search for acceptance, both our own and society’s.”
An opening reception is being held on September 21, with Wessel and Lepore both in attendance, and the exhibit will run through September 23.