- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Chicago Photos Jeffrey James Keyes New York pride haus party haus Theater Las Vegas benefit haus Washington DC Fire Island London Marriage Equality GayCities Los Angeles Pride Miami New York City San Francisco
PHOTOS: Elias Wessel Shoots Amanda Lepore For “There Must Be More To Life”
Sep 19, 2012 by gaycities
Gay-nightlife icon Amanda Lepore is playing muse to a new photographer with the upcoming exhibit “There Must Be More to Life,” a series of oversized images by high-fashion shutterbug Elias Wessel going on view at New York’s ADC Gallery on September 20.
Taken at the hipster-haven Jane Hotel, the photos will be accompanied with videos “adding a sarcastic note, a touch of humor, a fresh regard, a question mark,” according to the press notes. “‘There Must Be More To Life’ looks with an ironic and critical eye at our permanent struggle with expectations and search for acceptance, both our own and society’s.”
An opening reception is being held on September 21, with Wessel and Lepore both in attendance, and the exhibit will run through September 23.