- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel New York City Chicago Las Vegas Fire Island London pride haus benefit haus Los Angeles party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Pride Washington DC GayCities Photos New York Marriage Equality Theater San Francisco Miami
GayCities and Coors Light Launch “Coldest” City Contest
Jul 31, 2012 by Oscar Raymundo
Starting today, GayCities users will have the chance to tell our friends at Coors Light, who in their city is “Coldest.” Vote for the people, teams and events that elevate your city to the highest peak.
Nightlife and community experts in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and Columbus have brought together nominees in five different categories: Community Event, Sports Team, DJ, Entertainer and Night Out.
Kicking off the contest is the best Community Event category. Are you ready to dive into the “Coldest” voting?
The week before voting for a certain category ends, we’ll unlock a new category for your consideration. Want to keep track of all the voting periods? Check out the full schedule below:
- Community Event: July 31 — August 21
- Sports Team: August 14 — September 4
- DJ: August 28 — September 18
- Entertainer: September 11 — October 2
- Night Out: September 21 — October 16
Once you’ve chosen your favorites, you can keep voting for them every day. Each time you do, you’ll get another chance to choose which charity will receive $10,000 from Coors Light. The participating organizations are Trevor Project, Matthew Shepard Foundation, OUTSERVE, North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance or National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Everyone can vote but only registered GayCities members in the five participating cities will be entered to choose the winning organization.
And if you don’t happen to live in one of these area codes, well no worries! You too can play along and have fun by choosing a city, casting a vote and helping your favorite nominees win.