- 2 Dollar Clothing Store Is WeHo’s Best-Kept Shopping Secret
- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York Marriage Equality pride haus Los Angeles London San Francisco Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Pride Photos benefit haus travel GayCities Theater Miami Washington DC party haus New York City Fire Island
GayCities and Coors Light Launch “Coldest” City Contest
Jul 31, 2012
Starting today, GayCities users will have the chance to tell our friends at Coors Light, who in their city is “Coldest.” Vote for the people, teams and events that elevate your city to the highest peak.
Nightlife and community experts in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and Columbus have brought together nominees in five different categories: Community Event, Sports Team, DJ, Entertainer and Night Out.
Kicking off the contest is the best Community Event category. Are you ready to dive into the “Coldest” voting?
The week before voting for a certain category ends, we’ll unlock a new category for your consideration. Want to keep track of all the voting periods? Check out the full schedule below:
- Community Event: July 31 — August 21
- Sports Team: August 14 — September 4
- DJ: August 28 — September 18
- Entertainer: September 11 — October 2
- Night Out: September 21 — October 16
Once you’ve chosen your favorites, you can keep voting for them every day. Each time you do, you’ll get another chance to choose which charity will receive $10,000 from Coors Light. The participating organizations are Trevor Project, Matthew Shepard Foundation, OUTSERVE, North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance or National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Everyone can vote but only registered GayCities members in the five participating cities will be entered to choose the winning organization.
And if you don’t happen to live in one of these area codes, well no worries! You too can play along and have fun by choosing a city, casting a vote and helping your favorite nominees win.