- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Las Vegas Photos London New York City Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Los Angeles Washington DC gay travel San Francisco Fire Island Chicago Pride Miami pride haus GayCities Marriage Equality New York Theater
GayCities and Coors Light Launch “Coldest” City Contest
Jul 31, 2012
Starting today, GayCities users will have the chance to tell our friends at Coors Light, who in their city is “Coldest.” Vote for the people, teams and events that elevate your city to the highest peak.
Nightlife and community experts in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and Columbus have brought together nominees in five different categories: Community Event, Sports Team, DJ, Entertainer and Night Out.
Kicking off the contest is the best Community Event category. Are you ready to dive into the “Coldest” voting?
The week before voting for a certain category ends, we’ll unlock a new category for your consideration. Want to keep track of all the voting periods? Check out the full schedule below:
- Community Event: July 31 — August 21
- Sports Team: August 14 — September 4
- DJ: August 28 — September 18
- Entertainer: September 11 — October 2
- Night Out: September 21 — October 16
Once you’ve chosen your favorites, you can keep voting for them every day. Each time you do, you’ll get another chance to choose which charity will receive $10,000 from Coors Light. The participating organizations are Trevor Project, Matthew Shepard Foundation, OUTSERVE, North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance or National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Everyone can vote but only registered GayCities members in the five participating cities will be entered to choose the winning organization.
And if you don’t happen to live in one of these area codes, well no worries! You too can play along and have fun by choosing a city, casting a vote and helping your favorite nominees win.