- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus travel Marriage Equality London Washington DC party haus Los Angeles Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Chicago San Francisco Photos Miami Theater GayCities New York New York City Pride benefit haus
GayCities and Coors Light Launch “Coldest” City Contest
Jul 31, 2012
Starting today, GayCities users will have the chance to tell our friends at Coors Light, who in their city is “Coldest.” Vote for the people, teams and events that elevate your city to the highest peak.
Nightlife and community experts in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and Columbus have brought together nominees in five different categories: Community Event, Sports Team, DJ, Entertainer and Night Out.
Kicking off the contest is the best Community Event category. Are you ready to dive into the “Coldest” voting?
The week before voting for a certain category ends, we’ll unlock a new category for your consideration. Want to keep track of all the voting periods? Check out the full schedule below:
- Community Event: July 31 — August 21
- Sports Team: August 14 — September 4
- DJ: August 28 — September 18
- Entertainer: September 11 — October 2
- Night Out: September 21 — October 16
Once you’ve chosen your favorites, you can keep voting for them every day. Each time you do, you’ll get another chance to choose which charity will receive $10,000 from Coors Light. The participating organizations are Trevor Project, Matthew Shepard Foundation, OUTSERVE, North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance or National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Everyone can vote but only registered GayCities members in the five participating cities will be entered to choose the winning organization.
And if you don’t happen to live in one of these area codes, well no worries! You too can play along and have fun by choosing a city, casting a vote and helping your favorite nominees win.