- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Pride London pride haus Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles New York gay travel party haus Photos GayCities travel Theater San Francisco Washington DC New York City Fire Island Miami Chicago
GayCities and Coors Light Launch “Coldest” City Contest
Jul 31, 2012 by Oscar Raymundo
Starting today, GayCities users will have the chance to tell our friends at Coors Light, who in their city is “Coldest.” Vote for the people, teams and events that elevate your city to the highest peak.
Nightlife and community experts in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and Columbus have brought together nominees in five different categories: Community Event, Sports Team, DJ, Entertainer and Night Out.
Kicking off the contest is the best Community Event category. Are you ready to dive into the “Coldest” voting?
The week before voting for a certain category ends, we’ll unlock a new category for your consideration. Want to keep track of all the voting periods? Check out the full schedule below:
- Community Event: July 31 — August 21
- Sports Team: August 14 — September 4
- DJ: August 28 — September 18
- Entertainer: September 11 — October 2
- Night Out: September 21 — October 16
Once you’ve chosen your favorites, you can keep voting for them every day. Each time you do, you’ll get another chance to choose which charity will receive $10,000 from Coors Light. The participating organizations are Trevor Project, Matthew Shepard Foundation, OUTSERVE, North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance or National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Everyone can vote but only registered GayCities members in the five participating cities will be entered to choose the winning organization.
And if you don’t happen to live in one of these area codes, well no worries! You too can play along and have fun by choosing a city, casting a vote and helping your favorite nominees win.