- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater San Francisco Chicago Miami New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Pride Las Vegas London Photos Marriage Equality pride haus gay travel New York GayCities party haus travel Fire Island Los Angeles Washington DC
GayCities and Coors Light Launch “Coldest” City Contest
Jul 31, 2012
Starting today, GayCities users will have the chance to tell our friends at Coors Light, who in their city is “Coldest.” Vote for the people, teams and events that elevate your city to the highest peak.
Nightlife and community experts in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas and Columbus have brought together nominees in five different categories: Community Event, Sports Team, DJ, Entertainer and Night Out.
Kicking off the contest is the best Community Event category. Are you ready to dive into the “Coldest” voting?
The week before voting for a certain category ends, we’ll unlock a new category for your consideration. Want to keep track of all the voting periods? Check out the full schedule below:
- Community Event: July 31 — August 21
- Sports Team: August 14 — September 4
- DJ: August 28 — September 18
- Entertainer: September 11 — October 2
- Night Out: September 21 — October 16
Once you’ve chosen your favorites, you can keep voting for them every day. Each time you do, you’ll get another chance to choose which charity will receive $10,000 from Coors Light. The participating organizations are Trevor Project, Matthew Shepard Foundation, OUTSERVE, North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance or National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Everyone can vote but only registered GayCities members in the five participating cities will be entered to choose the winning organization.
And if you don’t happen to live in one of these area codes, well no worries! You too can play along and have fun by choosing a city, casting a vote and helping your favorite nominees win.