- PHOTOS: Looking’s Frankie Alvarez Helps Raise Funds For LGBT Elders
- 11 Incredible Out Adventures To Experience Before You Die
- French Politicians Are Freaked Over Tabloid Outing Of Gay VP
- The Golden Girls Xmas Drag Show Is All Sorts Of Holiday Magic
- Vote For The 2014 Best Of GayCities And Win A Free Trip For Two
- The Ultimate San Francisco Xmas List
- A Handy Glossary Of Gay Terms For The Well-Meaning Hetty
- 8 Events To Titilate Your Christmas Spirit
- Win A New Year’s Vacation To San Francisco
- World AIDS Day Events Near You
- 30 Things Every Gay Man Must Do Before Turning 30
- PHOTOS: Sexy Crowd Turns It Up For Change At HRC Bash
- PHOTOS: Naughty Pups Get Down And Dirty At The Eagle
- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes party haus Photos San Francisco Pride Los Angeles GayCities benefit haus London Chicago Fire Island Theater Las Vegas New York City travel New York pride haus Miami Marriage Equality Washington DC
Community Board Approves Latest Design For NYC AIDS Memorial
Jul 20, 2012
It’s an updated and refined version of the company’s initial “Infinite Forest” design, which originally called for a fenced-in grove with mirrors (see below). Now the memorial is a more modest 1,600-square-foot arrowhead shape to be situated, appropriately, across from St. Vincent’s Hospital in the West Village, where many of the first AIDS cases were reported.
The next step is for the memorial must be approved by the Department of City Planning and the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
What do you think? Is the new design an improvement on the original plan? Would you come up with something completely different? Break ground in the comments section.