- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
- PHOTOS: Minimal Effort, Maximum Exposure Costumes
- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- 10 Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 UK Gay DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Fire Island Los Angeles gay travel London Pride Las Vegas Miami Theater GayCities New York Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Marriage Equality travel party haus New York City Washington DC Photos San Francisco
Community Board Approves Latest Design For NYC AIDS Memorial
Jul 20, 2012 by GayCities
It’s an updated and refined version of the company’s initial “Infinite Forest” design, which originally called for a fenced-in grove with mirrors (see below). Now the memorial is a more modest 1,600-square-foot arrowhead shape to be situated, appropriately, across from St. Vincent’s Hospital in the West Village, where many of the first AIDS cases were reported.
The next step is for the memorial must be approved by the Department of City Planning and the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
What do you think? Is the new design an improvement on the original plan? Would you come up with something completely different? Break ground in the comments section.