- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Pride Miami Washington DC Los Angeles Chicago Photos GayCities party haus Marriage Equality Theater Fire Island pride haus San Francisco Las Vegas London benefit haus New York City travel New York
Community Board Approves Latest Design For NYC AIDS Memorial
Jul 20, 2012
It’s an updated and refined version of the company’s initial “Infinite Forest” design, which originally called for a fenced-in grove with mirrors (see below). Now the memorial is a more modest 1,600-square-foot arrowhead shape to be situated, appropriately, across from St. Vincent’s Hospital in the West Village, where many of the first AIDS cases were reported.
The next step is for the memorial must be approved by the Department of City Planning and the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
What do you think? Is the new design an improvement on the original plan? Would you come up with something completely different? Break ground in the comments section.