- Get Your Travel On With These Perfect 3-Day Weekend Getaways
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Pride travel Theater San Francisco party haus benefit haus pride haus Washington DC Miami Las Vegas Marriage Equality Chicago Los Angeles GayCities London New York Photos
Community Board Approves Latest Design For NYC AIDS Memorial
Jul 20, 2012
It’s an updated and refined version of the company’s initial “Infinite Forest” design, which originally called for a fenced-in grove with mirrors (see below). Now the memorial is a more modest 1,600-square-foot arrowhead shape to be situated, appropriately, across from St. Vincent’s Hospital in the West Village, where many of the first AIDS cases were reported.
The next step is for the memorial must be approved by the Department of City Planning and the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
What do you think? Is the new design an improvement on the original plan? Would you come up with something completely different? Break ground in the comments section.