- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride New York City Los Angeles San Francisco New York Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas travel Photos Chicago Washington DC London pride haus party haus GayCities Theater Fire Island benefit haus Miami Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Mixes It Up With Colorful Cocktail Challenge
Jun 06, 2012
Palm Springs in the modern day land of milk and honey. Of course, by “milk” we mean vodka, and by “honey” we mean gin.
So it’s only appropriate that the desert city flew in a dozen of the best gay bartenders in the country to quench locals’ thirst with a specialty cocktail. Sponsored by Stoli and GayCities, The third annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge took place at Hunters on May 31, when a lively crowd gathered to watch the top drink slingers shake, stir and strip.
Steven Sheenan (above) from Brix Nightclub in San Jose emerged as the winner with his tasty Pom Springs Fling, made with Stoli White Pomegranate, pomegranate schnapps, soda water (or 7-up), simple syrup, muddled cucumber and mint, and a squeeze of lime. It’s served on the rocks and garnished with cucumber slice, mint leaf and pomegranate seeds. Delicious! (And the drink’s pretty good too!)
Click through for more from the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge