- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Los Angeles Pride party haus travel Las Vegas pride haus GayCities Miami London Chicago gay travel San Francisco New York City New York Fire Island Marriage Equality Washington DC Photos Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Mixes It Up With Colorful Cocktail Challenge
Jun 06, 2012
Palm Springs in the modern day land of milk and honey. Of course, by “milk” we mean vodka, and by “honey” we mean gin.
So it’s only appropriate that the desert city flew in a dozen of the best gay bartenders in the country to quench locals’ thirst with a specialty cocktail. Sponsored by Stoli and GayCities, The third annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge took place at Hunters on May 31, when a lively crowd gathered to watch the top drink slingers shake, stir and strip.
Steven Sheenan (above) from Brix Nightclub in San Jose emerged as the winner with his tasty Pom Springs Fling, made with Stoli White Pomegranate, pomegranate schnapps, soda water (or 7-up), simple syrup, muddled cucumber and mint, and a squeeze of lime. It’s served on the rocks and garnished with cucumber slice, mint leaf and pomegranate seeds. Delicious! (And the drink’s pretty good too!)
Click through for more from the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge