- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Marriage Equality Pride travel London Washington DC New York City Fire Island Las Vegas Theater pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago New York gay travel party haus GayCities San Francisco Photos Los Angeles
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Mixes It Up With Colorful Cocktail Challenge
Jun 06, 2012 by GayCities
Palm Springs in the modern day land of milk and honey. Of course, by “milk” we mean vodka, and by “honey” we mean gin.
So it’s only appropriate that the desert city flew in a dozen of the best gay bartenders in the country to quench locals’ thirst with a specialty cocktail. Sponsored by Stoli and GayCities, The third annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge took place at Hunters on May 31, when a lively crowd gathered to watch the top drink slingers shake, stir and strip.
Steven Sheenan (above) from Brix Nightclub in San Jose emerged as the winner with his tasty Pom Springs Fling, made with Stoli White Pomegranate, pomegranate schnapps, soda water (or 7-up), simple syrup, muddled cucumber and mint, and a squeeze of lime. It’s served on the rocks and garnished with cucumber slice, mint leaf and pomegranate seeds. Delicious! (And the drink’s pretty good too!)
Click through for more from the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge