- Art And Culture Are Alive And Well In Los Angeles
- Fifteen Trending Places To Visit 2015
- Photo Exhibit Celebrates Art & AIDS: Amor y Pasión
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- Need To Get Away From Los Angeles? If You Must, Here Are Some Ideas
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles GayCities Marriage Equality travel pride haus Pride benefit haus New York Miami Washington DC Theater Las Vegas San Francisco London New York City Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island party haus Chicago
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Mixes It Up With Colorful Cocktail Challenge
Jun 06, 2012
Palm Springs in the modern day land of milk and honey. Of course, by “milk” we mean vodka, and by “honey” we mean gin.
So it’s only appropriate that the desert city flew in a dozen of the best gay bartenders in the country to quench locals’ thirst with a specialty cocktail. Sponsored by Stoli and GayCities, The third annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge took place at Hunters on May 31, when a lively crowd gathered to watch the top drink slingers shake, stir and strip.
Steven Sheenan (above) from Brix Nightclub in San Jose emerged as the winner with his tasty Pom Springs Fling, made with Stoli White Pomegranate, pomegranate schnapps, soda water (or 7-up), simple syrup, muddled cucumber and mint, and a squeeze of lime. It’s served on the rocks and garnished with cucumber slice, mint leaf and pomegranate seeds. Delicious! (And the drink’s pretty good too!)
Click through for more from the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge