- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus GayCities gay travel Theater Jeffrey James Keyes Miami San Francisco Washington DC New York City Photos Chicago Los Angeles Fire Island travel Pride Las Vegas New York pride haus Marriage Equality London
Iconic Golden Gate Bridge Celebrates 75 Years This Weekend
May 25, 2012
This Memorial Day weekend, San Franciscans can expect fireworks and traffic to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. The city of San Francisco has tons of events and activities already planned out in 2012 to commemorate the iconic bridge, but this weekend’s festivities complete with a technology fair, live music, a watercraft parade and firework show is causing the most buzz.
Crissy Field, with its one-of-a-kind view of the bridge, is going to be jammed packed with live music and dancing on Sunday. Ghiradelli Square and Fort Mason will also host Golden Gate-themed events. The bridge itself will be closed from 9pm to 10pm on Sunday, May 27 for a fireworks show.