- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Washington DC Miami New York pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Pride travel Fire Island party haus Marriage Equality Photos London Los Angeles Theater New York City gay travel Las Vegas Chicago
Iconic Golden Gate Bridge Celebrates 75 Years This Weekend
May 25, 2012
This Memorial Day weekend, San Franciscans can expect fireworks and traffic to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. The city of San Francisco has tons of events and activities already planned out in 2012 to commemorate the iconic bridge, but this weekend’s festivities complete with a technology fair, live music, a watercraft parade and firework show is causing the most buzz.
Crissy Field, with its one-of-a-kind view of the bridge, is going to be jammed packed with live music and dancing on Sunday. Ghiradelli Square and Fort Mason will also host Golden Gate-themed events. The bridge itself will be closed from 9pm to 10pm on Sunday, May 27 for a fireworks show.